Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried about economics.... :(

• 21-06-2010 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

I'm pretty bad at economics but i need the points! i only need about a d1-c3. Does anyone have any tips or ways in which i could shortcut my way to that grade? I'm not looking for an a1 so i don't need to know everything in great detail!
    Much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

--SmItHy-- wrote: »
    I'm pretty bad at economics but i need the points! i only need about a d1-c3. Does anyone have any tips or ways in which i could shortcut my way to that grade? I'm not looking for an a1 so i don't need to know everything in great detail!
    Much appreciated :)
    Learn off oligoploy and national income off by heart. Then make sure you knw the basics of Demand, Supply, Elasticity and Costs.

You should be on your way then. Just answer every Q and BS any bits you aren't sure of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Dyp0kwGEY <<<< this guy has a 6 page handout you can get if you click in the section underneath the video

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

thanks guys.....the guy who typed the handout claims that imperfect competition is up this year? :O :O

thanks guys.....the guy who typed the handout claims that imperfect competition is up this year? :O :O
    He's a bit of a dope don't mind him. Just my opinion, have a little look over the other market structures though.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

Really there is usually a topical question (so I'm told, there was on the mock anyway) so I'm learning deflation, unemployment and NAMA to a tee! It's not too hard you should know most of it from the basics of economics and general knowledge. And Oligopoly as they said! National income too, pretty much guaranteed an elasticity question. Write as much as you can! As many points as possible! Good luck!

• Advertisement

He's a bit of a dope don't mind him. Just my opinion, have a little look over the other market structures though.
    Yeah with the way papers have been going in terms of predictability i wouldn't bet on oligopoly coming up :O SEC were in a pissy mood this year :P

annainez wrote: »
    Really there is usually a topical question (so I'm told, there was on the mock anyway) so I'm learning deflation, unemployment and NAMA to a tee! It's not too hard you should know most of it from the basics of economics and general knowledge. And Oligopoly as they said! National income too, pretty much guaranteed an elasticity question. Write as much as you can! As many points as possible! Good luck!
    Thanks :) if it comes to it i'll crank the waffletron to ten and hope for the best :)

Yeah with the way papers have been going in terms of predictability i wouldn't bet on oligopoly coming up :O SEC were in a pissy mood this year :P
    I know. Might pull an Eavan Boland on it. It is more then likely coming up but you never know... I know it pretty well, but I have other Q's prepared so I'm not relying on it even if it does come up.:D:D

I know. Might pull an Eavan Boland on it. It is more then likely coming up but you never know... I know it pretty well, but I have other Q's prepared so I'm not relying on it even if it does come up.:D:D
    :) if the short questions are nice then that'll be a solid foundation for the rest of the paper! all i can do is hope though :) and maybe study :P.....i find the subject incredibly boring though so it doesn't sink in at all :(

:) if the short questions are nice then that'll be a solid foundation for the rest of the paper! all i can do is hope though :) and maybe study :P.....i find the subject incredibly boring though so it doesn't sink in at all :(
    It is the dismal science so yeah very very boring, but I don't mind it. We had a brilliant teacher though...

• Advertisement

It is the dismal science so yeah very very boring, but I don't mind it. We had a brilliant teacher though...

We had the type who throws a load of notes on an overhead and stands in the way of the notes while staring into space :)

We had the type who throws a load of notes on an overhead and stands in the way of the notes while staring into space :)
    Ahh...
    Had many of those. Prefer the have-no-life-apart-from-teaching type, 'cuz they actually care and are good teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Wayne 91

He is predicting imperfect competition for the ordinary level paper

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Wayne 91

Does anybody have notes on FOP's : Capital and Labour?, would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Sounds like my teacher as well!
    Luckily she got pregnant and left at the end of 4th year so we had a good teacher for most of this year!

Wayne 91 wrote: »
    Does anybody have notes on FOP's : Capital and Labour?, would be greatly appreciated!
    Have pretty good hard copies. My scanner no work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jreanor

Thats for ordinary level

Advertisement