Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inconsiderate f*ck^rs

• 21-06-2010 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

So off i went out to the car and yet another inconsiderate prat has opened their door against my beep beep taking paint and all off the back door bout 2 inches where a door was obviously opened against it :mad:

what is it with people, is it too f**king hard to get out of ur car without denting the one beside u?? is it that people are too damn fat and need to swing the door open till the check strap practically snaps?? does my god-damn head in, have lost count the amount of times i've had to get the doors touched up, only had the car a few months.

wish i could get my hands on the over weight, door denting twat i'd dent a thing or two for them...

anyone else in the same boat or any solutions how to deal with these inconsiderate ****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Opening the door against a car wouldn't really take 2 inches of paint off. I get loads of little dents on mine and but never had paint damage. You sure something else didn't happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jock101

Simple answer park as far away from the Entrance as you can!:rolleyes: I notice most people with expensive new shiney cars or people with well cared for old cars tend to park over at the far end of the carpark. It always make me laught when I see a lovely new BMW etc.. parked right up as near to the main door as possibly, its just looking to be dented or scratched????:D Very stupid or the 2 minute walk is just to far!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

I try to avoid parking beside cars with baby seats. Little else you can do. There are people who have no regard for other's property and they are no confined to any particular social class.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Little Miss!

yeh it's door mark alright, the mark on the car is annoying but inconsiderate dickheads really make me crazy. i can always manage getting out of my car without beating my door off other cars, is it too much to expect others to do the same??

yeh it's door mark alright, the mark on the car is annoying but inconsiderate dickheads really make me crazy. i can always manage getting out of my car without beating my door off other cars, is it too much to expect others to do the same??

Come on, of course it is. The worst thing is some moron parking right up beside the drivers door about 4 inches away!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭jaffa20

jock101 wrote: »
    Come on, of course it is. The worst thing is some moron parking right up beside the drivers door about 4 inches away!:mad:

I get in the other side of my car and climb over. I don't want to damage my car because of their idiotic parking.

yeh i agree, reckon if i ever catch someone hopping their door off mine i could rip their head off :mad:

and i'm normally such a loving person :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I always park far away from others as I tend to drive large vehicles which seem to get hit by people a lot more , Ive found that small car drivers or cars with baby seats are the worst for it ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I dunno, Little Miss!, it's not that common, so perhaps you are parking your "beep beep" badly? Maybe the "fat d*ckheads" can't get out of their cars due to your parking?

Just a thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Whilst in no way defending the people who open their doors into other cars, I can't say that the little dinks (and yes, I have them too) really bother me. That being said, I did actually catch someone doing it once when I was driving my mothers car and I made them pay for repainting the door. Hopefully that's at least one driver who'll be more considerate in future.

• Advertisement

danjo wrote: »
    I try to avoid parking beside cars with baby seats. Little else you can do. There are people who have no regard for other's property and they are no confined to any particular social class.

Yummy mummy's with there not necessary SUV's are the worst, especially when they open the door out onto oncoming traffic, especially around narrow streets in Dublin.:mad: Recession is wiping them out fast!

Anan1 wrote: »
    Whilst in no way defending the people who open their doors into other cars, I can't say that the little dinks (and yes, I have them too) really bother me. That being said, I did actually catch someone doing it once when I was driving my mothers car and I made them pay for repainting the door. Hopefully that's at least one driver who'll be more considerate in future.

How did you prove that they did it. Most morons would tell you to go F*#k yourself or loaf you!:confused:

I dunno, Little Miss!, it's not that common, so perhaps you are parking your "beep beep" badly? Maybe the "fat d*ckheads" can't get out of their cars due to your parking?

Just a thought.

don't have a problem parking, driving well over 10 years now (so old!!), reckon i can manage a bit of parking ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

yeh i agree, reckon if i ever catch someone hopping their door off mine i could rip their head off :mad:

and i'm normally such a loving person :confused:

Stop. You're killing me here. :pac:

that makes me happy at least there's one less person gonna do that again, if more people had to pay up reckon they'd be more careful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

It drives me absolutely nuts. I'm a bit over the top about keeping my car mint. I've spent an absolute fortune on paintless dent removal over the years.

I park miles from anyone or try and parallel park if that's available.

EPM wrote: »
    It drives me absolutely nuts. I'm a bit over the top about keeping my car mint. I've spent an absolute fortune on paintless dent removal over the years.

thank you least i'm not alone in my thinking, suppose if ur only driving round a crappy old banger u wouldn't mind but i like my car, i think it's nice and wanna keep it right :)

Thats the way to go, but do you ever find when you do that. Your cars tends to become a magnet, and when you return to it there cars parked all around it! lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I take up 2 spaces if possible:D:D. You will see me in bertys parking thread one of these days.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Soylent_Green

In the space of a month, I have had someone drive/reverse into the car in a car park. Once into the back bumper and a second time a massive ding in the front bumper. I'm sure in both cases, they left their details, but they blew away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

As much as that pains me, it's equally painful when your passenger does it to another car.....arrrrrgh!

SARASON wrote: »
    I take up 2 spaces if possible:D:D. You will see me in bertys parking thread one of these days.:P

Thats worse, because you first taking up two spaces and secondly your more likely to get clipped or dented!;)

How did you prove that they did it. Most morons would tell you to go F*#k yourself or loaf you!:confused:
    Not at all, they're not psychos they're just inconsiderate/clumsy/distracted. The driver was actually quite apologetic.

SARASON wrote: »
    Fat man in a new Range Rover did that in a packed Stillorgan car park, but left just enough room for me between his drivers door and the next car. Oh how he huffed and puffed...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Fat man in a new Range Rover did that in a packed Stillorgan car park, but left just enough room for me between his drivers door and the next car. Oh how he huffed and puffed...:)

Well i had the car polished as i was selling it!!! Didnt want any scratches on it for the new owner. Parking spaces are very narrow anyway for bigger cars. Its ok if you have a little car but the bigger cars need more room....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I always look out the window at work when people are getting in and out of cars. I'd say 50% of people hit (not bang) their door off the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

A pet hate of mine, I hate public car parks. I left my car in the Burlington Hotel car park for a max of 10 minutes & some numpty managed to crease the driver's door with their door. The day before some dope in work reversed into the rear bumper (it polished out to about 95%).
    I have had my buddy the dent doctor out at least once a year to get a top up on both cars. I used Robert get him to do both cars at once but the time was too much for him.
    I park as far away from the door of a shop but still there are drongos that park on top of my car despite there being more convenient & equally easy spaces to park in.
    Even in my own drive way I have had two incidents, one of my buddies called over so I could fix something on his car, the fecker swung his door open denting & scratching my door, it cost me €350 to put right. I was fuming but I couldn't say anything cos he is a good friend (except when it cones to cars!).
    Then some other dope reversed into my car in my driveway cracking & scratching the front bumper (that had only been painted 3 weeks previous). Did they stop & leave details, of course not.
    I have a lot of pent up anger built up so God help the first poor sod I catch carelessly damaging my car! :mad:

That paintless dent removal costs 100 quid for even the smallest dent, and if its a respray job, mega bucks. All because of some selfish thick!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

i was in a rental car last year and as i was walking towards it in a car park, I saw a slob ping my side door , I walked up and did the same to his while he was getting sorted, 2 wrongs do make it right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

(then the mirror gets blown off:():rolleyes:

We cant win, just hope!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

i drive a car that has a row of tiny marks down the side from doors hitting it so i wouldnt even notice a new one, it never bothered me that much,

until i had a rental seat ibiza, it was a 10 reg with 3000kms on the clock and perfect paint (apart from the swirls:rolleyes:), i was afraid of leaving it anywhere, i tried to park it as far away from other cars as i could, it was awful, when i came back out the shop i would walk around looking for marks on it,
    i never want a brand new car now,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

bladebrew wrote: »
    i drive a car that has a row of tiny marks down the side from doors hitting it so i wouldnt even notice a new one, it never bothered me that much,

until i had a rental seat ibiza, it was a 10 reg with 3000kms on the clock and perfect paint (apart from the swirls:rolleyes:), i was afraid of leaving it anywhere, i tried to park it as far away from other cars as i could, it was awful, when i came back out the shop i would walk around looking for marks on it,
    i never want a brand new car now,

I know the feeling!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

I feel for you OP.

Someone hit my 8 series over the weekend. Think it was in Maynooth Tesco. Damage to rear bumper, quarter panel and lens. Not impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭positron

I agree with you OP - some retard opened their door against my pride and joy (and result of years of saving too, I must add) when parked at Drogheda railway station, leaving a large dent on the passenger side door. No note, no apology, nothing - effing people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

When I go to a car park I tend to drive around a lot looking for a space where I think I'm least likely to get belt of a door or car coming round a corner.
    While parking as far away from the shops as you can is a good idea it doesen't always work... I find that some drivers cant park their cars in between the white lines so they go looking for other cars to use as a parking guide. Once they are up semi close to another car they are parked! There will always be one wedged in beside you regardless of where you park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Yes,
    And as they are driving away you accidently key the side of their car..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I came back to my car a few years back to find a dent the size of a football in the drivers door where someone had obviously literally driven into the side of it. No note or apology, and despite there being a CCTV camera pointing directly at my car the pub in which I was parked at refused to show me the tape and the guards would do nothing about it. The dent annoyed me enough but the refusal of everyone, including the guards, to help me sort it out was what really tipped me over the edge.

djimi wrote: »
    I came back to my car a few years back to find a dent the size of a football in the drivers door where someone had obviously literally driven into the side of it. No note or apology, and despite there being a CCTV camera pointing directly at my car the pub in which I was parked at refused to show me the tape and the guards would do nothing about it. The dent annoyed me enough but the refusal of everyone, including the guards, to help me sort it out was what really tipped me over the edge.

Doesnt surprise me in the slightest!:rolleyes: I have heard of that happening especially with private shopping centre carparks?:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

I empathise OP. I've slowly been plotting the demise of the man who scratched my car out of spite because while visiting the gf's father I parked in 'his' space for a few hours.
    As it'd cause hassle for the gf's father I couldn't confront the old fart like I would have liked but I will get him.
    Leaving a car up on bricks in his space, removing his windscreen rubbers and most recently, the classic, bananna in the exhaust have been on my list to exact revenge.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

danjo wrote: »
    i always look at the cars parked next to me, if they look shabby, unwashed, scratched and dented, i will not park next to them, as the owners do not take care of them, which means they will not take care of my paintwork while reversing or getting in car
    i always park furthest from door of supermarket, happy in the knowledge that i am lucky to have the health to walk the longer distance,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

2 solutions:

1. Buy a large SUV with running boards or side steps. Other peoples doors will hit the boards before your door.

2. Learn to live with little dents. If one thinks about it, it is not reasonable to expect to go through life without a dint or scratch on a car. I find it's not worth the stress to worry about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

It used to irritate my Girlfriend that I park miles from the shop door, but she's got used to it ;-)

Door bangers are really lazy people so with some effort (lots of effort) its possible to avoid most of them. Park pretty far away, park at the end of the row (50% less doors to hit you), if you are in an underground car park then try park near a pillar, and avoid narrow spaces.

Avoid parking near people carriers, cars with childseats, badly parked cars, cars that are damaged or uncared for.

In fact just stay at home, Argh!!!

Advertisement