Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety/Depression & Weight Gain

Options
  • 21-06-2010 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hello people, I'm male 28, I've been getting panic attacks for about 10 years now, I could write a book on the information I've learned over the years. Last year I had a very bad year, was very depressed and getting extreme anxiety attacks, thankfully thinks are getting better, but I've been put on a lot more medication.

I used to just be on 5mg Lexapro and some valium, weight was ok.

But now, I'm on 20mg of Lexapro, 12mg of valium a day roughly, and 15mg miratizapine at night.

I have been feeling a lot better and the medication is well balanced I feel, but the problem is I'm putting on weight and I can't lose it for the life of me.

I eat a normal balanced diet, I go to the gym 2-3 times a week, play football for 1 hour a week, but still the weight slowly continues to rise.

Is this due to the medication I'm taking.

I'm about 5'11, weighing 14 and half stone, I want to get down to about 13 at least.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

miratizapine is deadly for weight-gain. I was only on it barely 2 weeks and I noticed weight gain, I quickly stopped and told my doctor there was no way I'd be taking something that would make me gain weight and it would make me even more depressed.

Advertisement