Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skippy peanut butter

Options
  • 21-06-2010 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Does anyone know if you can get skippy peanut butter in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭coffee to go

I've seen it in Avoca, but not recently. You may have to take a trip to Sainsbury's - We get it there by the tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭thecelt

theres no sainsburys in the republic unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Juran

I also get Skippy from Sainsbury Newry when I visit or I bring a few tubs from the states once a year .... but I remeber pciking it up in SuperQuinn Blackrock, Dublin about 4 years ago so if you know anyone in Dublin, ask them to check SuperQuinn for you.

wonder if any of Tesco's buyers are reading this?? If so, they might consider stocking Skippy peanut butter - best peanut butter in the world, and a very healthy spread!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

You could try Fallon & Byrne in Dublin or Donnybrook Fair. I know that they both usually have Jif, which is equal to Skippy in my opinion, and I *think* I've seen Skippy in Donnybrook Fair, but not 100% sure on that

thanks guys, unfortunately we are down in kerry. i guess we shud pick up a few next time we are in the usa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭coffee to go

The Avoca in Dublin had both smooth and crunchy yesterday. Maybe try and phone the Kenmare one to see if they have it, or if they can get it in for you from one of the other stores...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Did you ever try the peanut butter in aldi? Quite like the american ones. Think it is produced in the states actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

MarkR wrote: »
    Did you ever try the peanut butter in aldi? Quite like the american ones. Think it is produced in the states actually.

Yeah, we get it all the time. It's really vvvverrrry good.

my wife is american, i personally cant stand the smell of peanut butter but she loves it. Shes been through most of tthe brands, the one she likes here best is sun-pat, but i've been told its not as good as skippy lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 MakeUp Fanatic21

I really like the Kelkin one, strangely enough, but I'd love to try the Skippy one if so many people are saying it's nice!

• Advertisement
Advertisement