Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santry Demesne History

Options
  • 21-06-2010 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Okay, I was wondering what exactly people know about the histroy of Santry Demesne in Dublin. As parks go, the park is relatively new, and there clearly is a lot of history to it. I'm gonna ask a few questions to start us off: Was that monument that is beside that gates to Mortan Stadium always there, or was it moved? Where was the house? Are the walled gardens the original? Is the bridge to the Crowne Plaza the original?
    I know that the family name related to the park is Domville/Domvile/Dumville. He was English, but did not live in the house for very long.
    Does anyone have an pictures of the house? Any information, please share it!

Comments

Advertisement