Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i'm looking for a free iso mounting program

• 21-06-2010 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

need to be able to create a virtual dvd drive so i can mount iso. i'd like a free / basic one please.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

There's a program called Daemon Tools Lite that will do the job for you. Google will find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭RogerThis

magic disk is another.
    http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-magicdisc-overview.htm
    I had problem before with Daemon Tools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,236 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Daemon Tools is @#$& $%&^%

I've always hated it. Made itself feel like spyware.

Magic Disk is lightweight and excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I use PowerISO for mounting iso's. It may technically be a trial version/shareware/whatever, but for the virtual drive part of its functionality, it just works and doesn't nag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

+1 for PowerISO. i also use alcohol 52% but it supposedly has spyware in it. i just blocked it from accessing the internet with Zonealarm. daemon tools never worked for me, probably cos of ZA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Virtual clone drive is another freeware (spyware free) and the first to support Windows 7 64bit (alcohol120% or daemon tools didn't at the time) which is how I came across it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i have dtl installed now and seems to be doing what i want. thanks for the other suggestions - will keep them in mind if problems with dtl.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

+1 for MagicDisk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

I needed a quick small program yesterday for creating an ISO file from a DVD, only had dialup so needed to be small in size and found http://www.isodisk.com/ about a 500k download and worked a charm.

Anyway it also mounts an iso image as a virtual disk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Just as a quick note, most of the above software are popular by their ability to circumvent basic anti-copy methods that stop disks working when mounted virtually (like games etc) but they'll all work perfectly for just a basic image mount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

If you don't need to mount the ISO and just want to extract the files you could use 7zip. It lets you treat the ISO as just another file packing (like .rar or .zip etc). After you install 7zip run the zip file manager then go into the options and choose to associate the application with .iso

Advertisement