Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm ready to come back..

• 21-06-2010 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi,

I switched to Airtricity about 6 months ago, but have had a nightmare with their customer service agents - I won't go into the detail here.
    I think I want to switch back to esb.
    I'm not sure how simple it is though - can't remember if I'm stuck with them for 12 months (though I could route out the contract).
    Appreciate if you could advise if this is an easy process for me?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ESB CS: Chris

Hi Goodmum,

Its a fairly easy process to come back to us. All you need to do is provide us with your present meter reading and your MPRN number. The MPRN number appears on the bill you get from your current supplier.

If you provide a reading, within 20 working days you will receive a final bill from your current supplier to the date and reading that you contacted us with. We will bill you from that date and reading onwards.

We will not be contacting your existing supplier directly, this will be done automatically through a central operator once we process the registration request, so you do not need to contact them either.

I can arrange this for you, if you would like to PM me the information. Otherwise, you can give us a call on 1850 372 372 (Monday - Saturday 8.00am - 8.00pm) and we will take care of it for you.

Thank you for your valued custom and we look forward to doing business with you again. :)

Many thanks
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭goodmum

Thanks for your response. I'll send you a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Chris what if the op has signed or agreed to a 12 month contract? Are the esb not going to warn them that returning to the esb could see them paying both companies for electricity supply for the remainder of the airtricity contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Chris what if the op has signed or agreed to a 12 month contract? Are the esb not going to warn them that returning to the esb could see them paying both companies for electricity supply for the remainder of the airtricity contract.

But the OP mentions this and say she is going to check the contract..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ESB CS: Chris

Hi Foggy Lad,

A customer can request to register with a new supplier once they have been with their current one for at least 20 working days. This applies to all customers, no matter which supplier they are registered with.

A customer will never be required to be registered to more than one supplier at the same time. When a customer changes supplier, they are billed to a certain date and reading by their old supplier and the new supplier will bill from this date and reading onwards.

If a customer has been with another supplier for over 20 working days they are free to contact us and request to re-register with us.

We will request to register the customer from the date they contact us and with the current meter reading they provide us with.

If you have any other questions about this matter, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks
    Chris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

Hi lads, I am with BGE but am probably going to Airtricity shortly, my understanding was there was NO fixed contract with either of them. As in I could move to Airtricity today and in 2 months time move back to ESB or BGE. From what I saw on the various websites I didnt see anything about yearly contracts for domestic customers. IF I am incorrect maybe someone can clarify as I had a previous bad experience with a telephone provide who claimed they had me on a yearly contract
    PS When the ESB drop their price I might well move back. :D.
    Fair play for setting up on Boards very good idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

I also want to come back to ESB but the problem is my meter is outside the house and I cannot open the box to take a reading. What can I do in this case! Or is there some way of getting a key to open the box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Electric Ireland: Pat

Hi Steph1 if you pm me your MPRN number (it will be on your suppliers bill)and your details I will send a meter door key out in the post this evening.
    Open the meter box take a reading and contact us on 1850372372. To switch back all we need is your MPRN and your meter reading.
    We have recently been de regulated so we are hoping to offer even better value and service in the coming weeks and months ;)

Advertisement