Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IMO there isn't much difference between finisishing 2nd or 1st in group H

• 21-06-2010 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

Brazil and Portugal will be the other group they'll face in the last sixteen. Its 50/50 between Brazil and Portugal. Spain will more than likely top group h, so they could face either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

thanks for you opinion but why do think spain will most likely win their group?!!!! your really talking about two 50/50's
    anyway id much prefer to play portugal thank brazil, north korea just collasped dont think portugal are that good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Jesus, talk about jumping the bandwagon. Just because Portugal beat North Korea 7-0 does not put them on a par with Brazil. Ican safely say that any team left in the tournament would much rather face Portugal than Brazil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Degag wrote: »
    Jesus, talk about jumping the bandwagon. Just because Portugal beat North Korea 7-0 does not put them on a par with Brazil. Ican safely say that any team left in the tournament would much rather face Portugal than Brazil

They are very similar imo, the main difference being Brazil have Fabiano to be a poacher and Portugal don't really have anyone who can fill that role. Portugal play great passing football and Brazil have become a counter attacking team so they aren't really alike in play style but talent wise I believe Brazil are only slightly ahead because the have a better central striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Liam O wrote: »
    They are very similar imo, the main difference being Brazil have Fabiano to be a poacher and Portugal don't really have anyone who can fill that role. Portugal play great passing football and Brazil have become a counter attacking team so they aren't really alike in play style but talent wise I believe Brazil are only slightly ahead because the have a better central striker.

Brazil's defence and goalie are much better.
    Brazil's midfield is a bit better. Take away Ronaldo and Portugal wouldn't be a patch on Brazil, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ffs. I actually hate your threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

hmmmm a team that recenlty drew with a bunch of butchers, carpenters and fishermen or else take on team thats won Cup 5 times.

Still thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

If I was Spain I wouldn't be worrying too much about whether they finish first or second. Based on Chiles performance today I think Spain could have a tough enough time even getting a win against them. Anything less than a win and they're more than likely looking at an exit from WC2010 anyway.

As for Brazil v Portugal. Give me Portugal any day (especially these days).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

What is with these threads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

What is with these threads?

Its like its Facebook in here, instead of updating your status just pop up a new thread with whatever random thoughts are in your head :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Its like that gunk and hair that gets clogged up in the shower drain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

hmmmm a team that recenlty drew with a bunch of butchers, carpenters and fishermen

Are you referring to Ivory Coast? :D. Which one is Drogba then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

I just read the title and knew this was one of your threads, this isn't an opinion, it's common knowledge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

hmmmm a team that recenlty drew with a bunch of butchers, carpenters and fishermen or else take on team thats won Cup 5 times.

Actually they're all professional footballers, except the players from April 25th* which is technically a part of the army.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DPR_Korea_League

And yes your absolutely right, Brazil are twice the team Portugal are. Take our the diver and they're very average.

North Korea just weren't good enough and played far too open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

monosharp wrote: »
    Actually they're all professional footballers, except the players from April 25th* which is technically a part of the army.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DPR_Korea_League

I'm fairly sure he was talking about Cape Verde, not North Korea.
    monosharp wrote: »
    Take our the diver and they're very average.

Ronaldo was pretty poor yesterday and they still managed a 7-0 win, I would say they're above average.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Your right, it is still too early to tell if there is an advantage in finishing top of your group. Portugal could finish top and and play Chile which would be an easier game than playing Spain. Too many combinations to tell yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It's going to finish with Spain -v- Portugal and Brazil -v- Chile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

SantryRed wrote: »
    It's going to finish with Spain -v- Portugal and Brazil -v- Chile.

I agree with this. There is a big difference between playing Portugal and Brazil though. Brazil are much better than Portugal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

SantryRed wrote: »
    Ffs. I actually hate your threads.

Can you see the "log out" button, can you? Left click that if that is the case.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

CorkMan wrote: »
    Can you see the "log out" button, can you? Left click that if that is the case.

But if he logs out he'll still be able to see all your crappy threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

bad carry on from a mod IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,839 ✭✭✭✭28064212

CorkMan wrote: »
    bad carry on from a mod IMO.
    He's not a mod in this forum. And even if he was, he's still allowed an opinion on your threads. Note, your threads, not you

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Advertisement