Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Careers!

• 21-06-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi, i'm just looking for some advice regarding careers/courses.
    Anyhoo, the problem is i found out that i have night-blindness(a herity condition). And in the future it will lead to tunnel vision. So im a bit lost as to what type of careers are kind of like eye-friendy!
    So any sugesstions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Not something that requires using dangerous/expensive machinery?

But I suppose it strictly depends on what you're interested in doing, you don't mention?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Anything that does not involve shift work; guards, fire brigade, army, pilot is the career for you. just pick something you like to do and do whatever it takes to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

well im thinking of journalism or archaeology!
    Its just my mother is really worried about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Do anything you want! I know I sound like a sap, but base your career on what you love, not what you are afraid might happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

LovexxLife wrote: »
    Archaeologists don't usually excavate at night, and tunnel vision has never been an impediment to journalists working for certain papers ... in fact, it almost seems mandatory! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

LovexxLife wrote: »
    They are good career choices. Aim for the moon (what you want) 'cuz if you don't make it, at least you'll land among the stars.

Don't be worried about it, you will be grand! Choose what ever you want to do, and if you love it you will be able to do it whichever which way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

They are good career choices. Aim for the moon (what you want) 'cuz if you don't make it, at least you'll land among the stars.

Don't be worried about it, you will be grand! Choose what ever you want to do, and if you love it you will be able to do it whichever which way :)
    The stars are farther away than the moon.

/pedantism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

The stars are farther away than the moon.

/pedantism
    Leave my little African sayin's alone!

You know... Well if you shoot for the moon and you miss, will you not keep on going and eventually land among a star? 'Cuz theres no gravity??:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

/pedantism
    /slaps EuropeanSon around the head with a wet mackerel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement