Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC desire awful reception

• 21-06-2010 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭

I bought a HTC desire from vodafone last week, and until today it worked perfectly. Since this morning I have been unable to get good reception either at home or at work. Messages sent to me this afternoon arrived a few minutes ago, and I was unable to make calls or use data services for much of the day. Is this network issue or is there a problem with the phone? I'm in Kilkenny if that makes a difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

could be a 3g issue try knock 3g off and use regualr gsm see if that is any better, also
    worth getting a sim upgade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

I had 3g off for most of the day and it made no difference. What difference could a new sim make to reception?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

network issue I'd say. not handset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Has your desire been in close contact with an iPhone? I fear the disease of the iPhone, may have mutated and spread to another species :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Sounds like a network issue to me too, but if the problem persists then it might be worth looking at the radio firmware you can flash. I'm not all that familiar with what changes they make, just something to look into.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Try the #*#*4636*#*# -> phone settings and then gsm auto/ (PRL) to see if it makes a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

Try the #*#*4636*#*# -> phone settings and then gsm auto/ (PRL) to see if it makes a difference

No idea what you're talking about, could you dumb it down a little?

Advertisement