Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rich kids get extra hour (nearly) for state exam

• 21-06-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭

Rich kids from south county dublin, an area where the simple act of putting a for sale sign in your garden would once make you an instant millionaire have once again received the cream of the cake as they today received an extra 45 minutes for a state exam while the poor from dingle to donegal could go and sing for their supper. To add insult to injury for the rest of the country the SEC have tonight claimed they will look very favourably upon the examinations answer sheets produced by the rich kids from south county dublin. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

ya bleedin' wha'?! i got 2 minutes LESS than what i was supposed to get in physics today....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 CosmicLove

Sorry but I'd like to point out not every school affected got a taste of this "cream". Speaking as one of those "rich kid students", we got 15 minutes extra for a 35 minute disruption.

Yeah, life's unfair if that gets taken into the marking scheme alright. Definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Yeah, but every one else got the upper edge to these Dublin schools, what with having the complete exam to do, whereas they had 4 pages missing.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0621/exam.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

pathway33 wrote: »
    Rich kids from south county dublin, an area where the simple act of putting a for sale sign in your garden would once make you an instant millionaire have once again received the cream of the cake as they today received an extra 45 minutes for a state exam while the poor from dingle to donegal could go and sing for their supper. To add insult to injury for the rest of the country the SEC have tonight claimed they will look very favourably upon the examinations answer sheets produced by the rich kids from south county dublin. :D

I'm sorry, but generalisations like that aren't going to win you any favours. If the SEC fúcked up the most important exam of my life like that I'd be demanding my extra 45 minutes too and more.

Absolutely nothing to do with wealth/status. Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

What the fúck? Where did you get that from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Are you doing journalism in college? I can imagine you writing for the sun or the mail in years to come

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dirty Frank

Wasn't this because they were missing pages from the booklet? I think its only right they got extra time if thats the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Are you doing journalism in college? I can imagine you writing for the sun or the mail on years to come

Classic:D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dirty Frank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 CosmicLove

Are you doing journalism in college? I can imagine you writing for the sun or the mail on years to come

:L
    Well said!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I can imagine you writing for the sun or the mail in years to come
    Nail / head!

There is already a serious thread about the Accounting paper.

Tabloid sensationalism go bye-bye now!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement