Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Africa v France

• 21-06-2010 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Whats everyones view on this match.
    The more l think about it 9/4 South Africa beating the sulkers who
    did'nt want to play when they were still in the competition looks a good bet to me.
    God knows what their atitude will be like tomorrow.
    South Africa playing for pride and still have a outside chance of qualifying {as do france}.

Comments

I've been looking at this as well. Am I right that no host nation has ever not made it past the group stages? It's either S Africa or the draw for me and I can't decide....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

I've been looking at this as well. Am I right that no host nation has ever not made it past the group stages? It's either S Africa or the draw for me and I can't decide....

surely just Lay France then?

Game is way too hard to price up il be staying away from it

bubbleking wrote: »
    surely just Lay France then?

Game is way too hard to price up il be staying away from it
    I can't lay France I don't use BetFair. I stick to the bookies on the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Go for a small bet on something outrageous like France HT and SA FT the odds must be huge and you can have a hearty laugh if it comes off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Lumping on a South Africa win good be a great shout. Just look at the latest news from the French camp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I can't lay France I don't use BetFair. I stick to the bookies on the street.

Double chance is basically laying depending on the odds

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I think I'll go for the 0-0 and leave the rest to live betting.

The disruptive French players sitting this one supposedly might help France tomorrow.

As bad as France are as a team, with SA's toothless attack I cannot see them scoring anything more than a single goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Jigga wrote: »

Its fantasic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 El_Zigi

I'll be steering clear of this one I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

evra dropped id say south africa draw no bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

any word on the full team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Kod-box wrote: »
    any word on the full team?

14:08 Commentary France v South Africa line-ups:
    France: 1-Hugo Lloris; 2-Bacary Sagna, 5-William Gallas, 17-Sebastien Squillaci, 22-Gael Clichy; 18-Alou Diarra, 19-Abou Diaby, 8-Yoan Gourcuff, 7-Franck Ribery; 11-Andre-Pierre Gignac, 9-Djibril Cisse.
    South Africa: 1-Moeneeb Josephs; 5-Anele Ngcongoa, 20-Bongani Khumalo, 4-Aaron Mokoena, 3-Tsepo Masilela, 6-MacBeth Sibaya, 23-Thanduyise Khuboni, 10-Steven Pienaar, 8-Siphiwe Tshabalala, 9-Katlego Mphela, 17-Bernard Parker.
    Referee: Oscar Ruiz (Colombia)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Think I'm gonna go for an early card here,both teams gonna go for it and I can see a few bad tackles especially with the likes of Mokoena out there!

Single: Up to and Including the 27th minute @ 4/5
    Total stake for this bet: €7.00
    Potential returns: €12.60

Good ol Djibril Cisse and Gignac leading the attack eh, the 0-0 is very much on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Staying away from this. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the game that France decide the play to their full potential. Although South Africa did really look up for it while arriving at the stadium and on way out to the pitch while France looked like they all had their dogs die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Gillington wrote: »
    Think I'm gonna go for an early card here,both teams gonna go for it and I can see a few bad tackles especially with the likes of Mokoena out there!

Single: Up to and Including the 27th minute @ 4/5
    Total stake for this bet: €7.00
    Potential returns: €12.60

Shocking decision but I'll take it

Stay 2-0 till HT!

WaS 6/1 about 10 minutes ago

Stay 2-0 till HT!

WaS 6/1 about 10 minutes ago

Get in! :)

60e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

france should head off home at half time..

talk about karma. its beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Get in! :)

60e

Well done :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

anyone think -2 is worth a punt??

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tinker13

The conspiracy theorist in me would say that SA will see two more goals in their favour... either match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

matt1958 wrote: »
    anyone think -2 is worth a punt??

took it at 5-1 when france went down to 10 men...could only imagine the arguments in the dressing rooms at half time so hoping SA to demolish them in the 2nd half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

d-gal wrote: »
    took it at 5-1 when france went down to 10 men...could only imagine the arguments in the dressing rooms at half time so hoping SA to demolish them in the 2nd half

:( its only 2.20 now.. won't be touching it now would of loved 5/1 very nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Tinker13 wrote: »
    The conspiracy theorist in me would say that SA will see two more goals in their favour... either match.
    What, you think Mexico will lose on purpose??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Tshabalala to Score the 3rd Goal 17/2

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Someone tell those godforsaken US commentators that nil is nil, not "oh" not "zero" ... ARGH... ESPN my a$$.

"South Africa now two oh over France in this fantastic soccer match" ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH

took france to win at 7-1 at one nil down and the red card handed out in first half.... no hope :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Well ta South Africa won me 16 euro today with a fiver cant complain :)
    21euro in my account now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭akkadian

Well ta South Africa won me 16 euro today with a fiver cant complain :)
    21euro in my account now.

just imagine it was 50,000 euro and you had 210,000 euro in your account. You could call yourself a business man. Money makes it's own money!

• Advertisement
Advertisement