Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatever happened to Cinema city on John street

Options
  • 21-06-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

What happened to cinema city which always had videos that would never have got inside the door of extravision. Used to be called video centre and it even got better the few years before it closed.

The smart answer is it closed but I know that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Well done!

You've just answered your own question in what I'd call a completely pointless post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    Well done!

You've just answered your own question in what I'd call a completely pointless post!

FFS! How rude.

OP, the owner was struggling for a while. Reduced hours for a long time and then eventually it succumbed. Damn shame. I loved that place but any time I was in there, very few people came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

It's really unfortunate that it closed, it was fantastic.

I think it's just due to the fact that DVD rentals are down all over the place. Xtra Vision probably aren't in the best shape either.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

Threadhead wrote: »
    It's really unfortunate that it closed, it was fantastic.

I think it's just due to the fact that DVD rentals are down all over the place. Xtra Vision probably aren't in the best shape either.

I'd say your right and Xtra Vision have exclusivity deals which must really damage independents.

Advertisement