Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Super League Session 2 (26/6/10)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ONION Vs Me
    Seth Vs Cammy 1-0
    Seth Vs Cammy 1-1
    Honda Vs Cammy 2-1

Rule was if you win, you can't change character.

I hate that rule.

And I only use one character!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I hate that rule.

I stuck to Cammy yesterday with 2 exceptions. Used Guile against Sabre because he knows my Cammy too well... Did me no good though... If you watch the video prepare to be disappointed at Guile being handled the way he is. I think I picked Chun for one match too? Lesson is to never not pick Cammy ;)

Thanks to the Cork guys for coming up (Matt has a great Cody)! And big thanks to Sairus for bringing a camera.

Looking forward to Session 3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I stuck to Cammy yesterday with 2 exceptions. Used Guile against Sabre because he knows my Cammy too well... Did me no good though... If you watch the video prepare to be disappointed at Guile being handled the way he is. I think I picked Chun for one match too? Lesson is to never not pick Cammy ;)

Thanks to the Cork guys for coming up (Matt has a great Cody)! And big thanks to Sairus for bringing a camera.

Looking forward to Session 3 :)

Don't know if that one is on record. Kinda thankful, would bore people to tears considering there were two time out wins and one K.O. on 1 second :D Tough match!

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Don't know if that one is on record. Kinda thankful, would bore people to tears considering there were two time out wins and one K.O. on 1 second :D Tough match!

A great match, right down to the wire!

It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, great job Sabre organising this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I hate that rule.

That's the same rule we use. If you win a game in a set then you can't change character. That's fair.

Being locked to a single character against a completely different opponent because you won your last match is a pain in the arse though.

• Advertisement

LOL @ Onion "**** I threw that away"

Need to be more patient with your jump ins :)

Future Guy you know if you've no meter or don't want to burn it when you tag someone with a jab dp on a jump in you can follow it with a fierce DP and because of the new two hit thing it'll connect for a little damage?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I was salty after that, feel like an idiot now :/ sorry Futureguy.

D4RK ONION wrote: »

Everyone gets frustrated sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Everyone gets frustrated sometimes.

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Re: final in dublin,
    tbh I don't know if there is really the appetite for the league up there.
    I suppose you could pay for someone's way to an inferno or something instead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

D4RK ONION wrote: »

No problem Onion, I hate losing too. FWIW, even though I was delighted to win my first ever tournament, I was more thrilled about the fact that I beat your Honda for the first time. I think we both made some errors during the game but hopefully we will both work harder at this match up and become better players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Yeah I think that will be what ends up happening. Pity about the league up there but thanks for the inspiration :)

🤪

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

LOL @ Onion "**** I threw that away"

Need to be more patient with your jump ins :)

Future Guy you know if you've no meter or don't want to burn it when you tag someone with a jab dp on a jump in you can follow it with a fierce DP and because of the new two hit thing it'll connect for a little damage?

TBH no I never copped it. Thanks, every little extra damage helps! So after a l.dp, my priority should be Ultra/Super > Ex.hadoken > f.DP.

Looking at my video of the match with Onion, I really need to get my hit confirmation/block strings down. Regardless of whether he was blocking or not I was using c.lp, c.lp. c.lp. c.mp, ex.hadoken. I need to calm down a little and get back to using c.mk, hadoken when he's blocking. I'm practicing c.lp, c.lp. c.mp/c.fp. tatsu/EX tatsu for hit confirmation. I can do it very comfortably in training but to get the brain to switch to this combo during an intense match is difficult.

Back to training room/casuals!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'll get on uploading those videos today. I got a little sidetracked with 16 hours of FFXIII yesterday.
    T'was good to meet all of yis in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I came last! It was fun though, great seeing such a high standard of play!

Inferno's in Dublin. highest ranked Inferno Dub is our champion.

Prob be Hound, or Dreddy or I if he's not around.
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    TBH no I never copped it. Thanks, every little extra damage helps! So after a l.dp, my priority should be Ultra/Super > Ex.hadoken > f.DP.

Looking at my video of the match with Onion, I really need to get my hit confirmation/block strings down. Regardless of whether he was blocking or not I was using c.lp, c.lp. c.lp. c.mp, ex.hadoken. I need to calm down a little and get back to using c.mk, hadoken when he's blocking. I'm practicing c.lp, c.lp. c.mp/c.fp. tatsu/EX tatsu for hit confirmation. I can do it very comfortably in training but to get the brain to switch to this combo during an intense match is difficult.

I'm no Ryu expert but I would think the damage scaling is not a good pay off for the risk of missing a link in that long chain starting with c. lp. I would think cr mk xx hadoken is a safer bet, and if you do hit and can confirm you could FADC for more damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

FutureGuy wrote: »

I'm sure you're already doing this but switch the dummy to random for practising hit confirms. That will get you in the mode of looking for the hits and switching to your extra.

Do it for long enough and it will become second nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'm no Ryu expert but I would think the damage scaling is not a good pay off for the risk of missing a link in that long chain starting with c. lp. I would think cr mk xx hadoken is a safer bet, and if you do hit and can confirm you could FADC for more damage.

cr. lp, cr. mk is a one frame link and I wouldn't rely on it for hitconfirms for that reason. I use cr lk, cr lp, cr hp xx tatsu for a hitconfirm combo.

Going from cr. lp to cr. mp or cr. hp is a 2 frame link rather than 1 frame for cr.mk.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    cr. lp, cr. mk is a one frame link and I wouldn't rely on it for hitconfirms for that reason. I use cr lk, cr lp, cr hp xx tatsu for a hitconfirm combo.

Going from cr. lp to cr. mp or cr. hp is a 2 frame link rather than 1 frame for cr.mk.

What about going from cr.mp to cr.mk? Is that possible? Another one framer?

Just thinking because if they are blocking it would be preferable to end with the Hadouken to get the little bit of chip although you want to watch for punishes (ex. Chun can punish a blocked fireball with Super)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Why would you need a cr. mk to end with a fireball? Just cancel the cr. mp or cr. hp into a fireball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Daigo combo is cr.MP,cr.MP,cr.MK~Tatsu.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Why would you need a cr. mk to end with a fireball? Just cancel the cr. mp or cr. hp into a fireball.

True. Not thinking :o

Sabre (i think) had suggested the winner of his league play the winner of the dublin league (and possibly belfast) and get their trip to dublin paid for.

Since I dont think the league will go ahead in dublin, I'm suggesting an alternative for him.

Sabre (i think) had suggested the winner of his league play the winner of the dublin league (and possibly belfast) and get their trip to dublin paid for.

Since I dont think the league will go ahead in dublin, I'm suggesting an alternative for him.

So am I. :)

And Dooms suggesting an alternative for the All-Ireland comp. The Northern Champ was already going to be decided by the Dragonslayers Ranbat results.

aha i see.

Just watching my match against Tony again.

Ungh... I hate the sound of my voice.

Still, it's great to see where I went wrong... over and over :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Ungh... I hate the sound of my voice.

Could be worse

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

I'm honestly afraid to get back into the game. Due to holidays and for the sake of my mental health I took a 3 week break from the game and now my hands cant keep up with my thoughts... Me and robbknoll played for about 4 hours last night and oh man we were rusty. Not looking forward to the pounding I'll get next time I see ye. :( Cant make it to inferno because I'm moving soon but hopefully I'll be at the next part of the Limerick League

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I'm honestly afraid to get back into the game. Due to holidays and for the sake of my mental health I took a 3 week break from the game and now my hands cant keep up with my thoughts... Me and robbknoll played for about 4 hours last night and oh man we were rusty. Not looking forward to the pounding I'll get next time I see ye. :( Cant make it to inferno because I'm moving soon but hopefully I'll be at the next part of the Limerick League

Enjoyed the games we played last night with yerself and robknoll but I'm the same actually. After a weeks holidays I came home to play the worst I've ever been playin especially with chun. Feel like I need a new main :( .

Advertisement