Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leukemia slogan/saying

Options
  • 21-06-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm 18 and my beat friends little brother passed away 2 months ago after suffering with leukemia for 5 years. We want to remember him be each getting a tattoo on our heart. We want to get something meaningful but can't figure out anything does anyone know of any leukemia slogans or sayings?
    Or even something that is revelent to our situation??

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I think this is the wrong forum so i'm locking it. Can't think of one to move it to either.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neelyohara

Sorry to hear about your friend - five years is certainly a good fight.

I'm not sure of any Leukemia/Cancer quotes. If you want text you could get something short in latin - Ad Astra Per Aspera (To the stars through adversity) or Beatae Memoriae (Blessed Memory).

You could get a cancer ribbon. I've seen some awful ones but I think this is nice:

afa4da356f4c6f549b09a0764b0ccd35.jpg

I think if you are getting a tattoo to memorialise him then you should focus on the person and not the disease. I'm sure he would want to be remembered for a lot more than a diagnosis.

Think about things he loved, an event, favourite quote, perhaps his initials, nickname, birthdate, star sign... something will just click.

Perhaps the people in the & Piercing forum could help? It's under Arts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

neelyohara wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your friend - five years is certainly a good fight.

I'm not sure of any Leukemia/Cancer quotes. If you want text you could get something short in latin - Ad Astra Per Aspera (To the stars through adversity) or Beatae Memoriae (Blessed Memory).

You could get a cancer ribbon. I've seen some awful ones but I think this is nice:

afa4da356f4c6f549b09a0764b0ccd35.jpg

I think if you are getting a tattoo to memorialise him then you should focus on the person and not the disease. I'm sure he would want to be remembered for a lot more than a diagnosis.

Think about things he loved, an event, favourite quote, perhaps his initials, nickname, birthdate, star sign... something will just click.

Perhaps the people in the & Piercing forum could help? It's under Arts.
    I agree, am a 3 year 4 and a bit month oesophageal cancer survivor and I do not want to feel that it defines me.

Advertisement