Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would like parents opinions on this.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Hey Thaedyal, your problem neighbours sound far worse than mine. I have done some research in my own situation and found that you can make an anon complaint as such about the neighbours in question in your case to the council i.e. landlords (they have a contractual responsibility as to who they have as tenants).

They do require actual evidence though, typical red tape and all that. I would suggest that you record such antisocial behaviour by keeping a record via guard call outs by complaints (the guards have to keep records), keep a notebook and record events that were antisocial (back them up with the guards call outs wherever possible).

Also some video recording would be invaluable, I came across this handy little piece of equipment on bargain alerts which is very discreet but effective as an evidence recording device.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055935996

Build up some evidence and take them out of the equation. I am a multimedia expert by the way and would be happy to help you out in any way that I can to help produce a viable presentation as a professional complaint if you ever need to do so.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Thats the hard part alright Deliverence. Thankfully my daughter is 13 and has enough savvy to know that you don't speak like that so its not too much of a concern in that respect. Still awful to have to listen to though, I'd be embarrassed to have people around with the carry on from next door.

But I would be wary of tarring the kids with the same brush as the parents. Next doors son is 13 and is one of the politest kids I have ever met in my life. He hangs out with my daughter and I have no problem with it. Sometimes the apple does fall far from the tree.
    Yes I agree evilTwin, in my growing up process my mom met my best friend who was seen as a 'bad lad'. He was condidered to be a bad one. But once they met him they were surprised to see how decent he was.

I suspect though on hindsight that I was a good influence on his life as his parents loved me and actually took me in as a second son. That lady loved me as such, God rest her soul, she had 13 kids. My best mate, I think learned a lot by being around me and my sensabilities.

I would put the credit for my sensableness down to my mom, it was passed on as such. The same chap is now a great family man with kids of his own and he is a credit to them. Such is life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Hey Thaedyal, your problem neighbours sound far worse than mine. I have done some research in my own situation and found that you can make an anon complaint as such about the neighbours in question in your case to the council i.e. landlords (they have a contractual responsibility as to who they have as tenants).

They do require actual evidence though, typical red tape and all that. I would suggest that you record such antisocial behaviour by keeping a record via guard call outs by complaints (the guards have to keep records), keep a notebook and record events that were antisocial (back them up with the guards call outs wherever possible).

Also some video recording would be invaluable, I came across this handy little piece of equipment on bargain alerts which is very discreet but effective as an evidence recording device.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055935996

Build up some evidence and take them out of the equation. I am a multimedia expert by the way and would be happy to help you out in any way that I can to help produce a viable presentation as a professional complaint if you ever need to do so.

That only applies if they are renting.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    That only applies if they are renting.
    So your antisocial neighbours are homeowners!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

/tries hard to find where Thaedydal said she has a problem with/feels her children should be shielded from "people enjoying a drink in their front garden on a sunny day"... Can't.

Agreed with others anyway - relationship/parental status and wearing or not of pyjamas should not come into discussions re mothers/fathers who verbally abuse their children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Dudess wrote: »
    /tries hard to find where Thaedydal said she has a problem with/feels her children should be shielded from "people enjoying a drink in their front garden on a sunny day"... Can't.

Post #5

"In this weather they are out sitting in the gardens, music blaring from cars drinking all day and roaring at the kids"

and

"People enjoying a drink in their front garden on a sunny day"

Not the same thing.

"In this weather they are out sitting in the gardens, music blaring from cars drinking all day and roaring at the kids"

and

"People enjoying a drink in their front garden on a sunny day"

Not the same thing.

I'm not going to keep posting about this as it's not really the topic.

if wearing pj's is a non issue and is irrelevant to the discussion so is people drinking in the garden listening to music and if it wasn't part of the issue, why mention it.

it should be just an issue that some people roar at there kids?

But if you can find me a parent who hasn't at some stage let roar at their kids, I'd like to have a pint with them.

ntlbell wrote: »
    But if you can find me a parent who hasn't at some stage let roar at their kids, I'd like to have a pint with them.
    Obviously there's a massive difference between being driven to yelling at your child due to frustration (and not feeling good about doing so) because of constant misbehaving, and yelling expletives and abuse at them for little or nothing.

Obviously there's a massive difference between being driven to yelling at your child due to frustration (and not feeling good about it) because of constant misbehaving, and yelling expletives and abuse at them for little or nothing.

We don't know what led to them roaring at the kids.

But again, I don't see what the drinking/music has got to do with it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Because the kind of people who think getting pissed in the middle of the day in their front garden and blaring music and those who think bawling "Ya little f*cker" at their kids at the top of their lungs is normal are often one and the same.....?

Because the kind of people who think getting pissed in the middle of the day in their front garden and blaring music and those who think bawling "Ya little f*cker" at their kids at the top of their lungs is normal are often one and the same.....?

I wouldn't know about that.

I try not to make generalisations about people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

You've spent the whole thread making generalisations about people...from lads gargling to busy bodies..

But there's still no need for expletives/verbal abuse/frequency of same.
    Thought you no longer wanted to discuss that as it's off-topic.

But there's still no need for expletives/verbal abuse/frequency of same.

Thought you no longer wanted to discuss that as it's off-topic.

Right, so lets discuss verbal abuse.

music and drink is not relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Righto. Enough is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Oh, I should add... Ntlbell won't be bothering anyone in here again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement