Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So let's do something about it

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

g32 wrote: »
    The Irish retailers are just plain greedy for more money because they have the false illusion that just because every other retailer charges a high price, they can charge the same or higher (depending on the level of greed).

I previously pointed out to a retailer on this forum that 'operating costs' have come down including:

Rent reductions

VAT reductions

Commercial rate reductions

Electricity reductions (switching from ESB to Bord Gais)

You may have written it in a post - but that does not make it true.

You have been asked time and time again by myself and other posters to clarify your nonsense posting but each time you fail to back yourself up. You have yet to make a post that is factual and true - just your own opinion.

There may be selective reductions in some rents but not rates.

New leases going forward may have incentives to get retailers to sign up and fill vacant premises but very few existing leases have gone down - the only thing that has happened is that a lot of retailers cannot afford to pay their rents 3 months in advance as has been standard practice. Some retailers now pay their rent a month in arrears .... and some retailers are well in arrears.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

StereoLove wrote: »
    Sorry!:( Next time I will!

Good Man. Never mind Whippet or Davo10.

Advertisement