Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork boards spin - Sunday!!

• 22-06-2010 1:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭

Well lads giving ye all plenty notice.. After a great weekend in Clare at the Tour de Burren will be heading for a spin Sunday morning as warm up for Ring of Kerry so looking for a few heads for the spin..

Let me know if ye are interested and we can sort out time/meeting place/route!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

What distance are you considering|?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭murf85

Im easy on distance but wud be hoping to get 100km + maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Couldn't make that kinda distance at the moment. Fecked my ankle up at a gig & haven't been out in 3 weeks. Dreading to think the condition I'm going to be in when I do go out. Will definitely join one of these soon though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭alanucc

Ill hopefully be around for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭damoz

Any route in mind? What is avg speed usually? I was in the burren last weekend and will be in Kerry too - so need to get one last 100k in the legs. In north cork though, so kind of defeats the purpose to drive anywhere to get a spin in.

• Advertisement

How does the TDC 100k route sound? early Sunday morming start and all that!

Cape Clear wrote: »
    How does the TDC 100k route sound? early Sunday morming start and all that!
    Id be well up for that yeah...where abouts are you based cape?

murf85 wrote: »
    Id be well up for that yeah...where abouts are you based cape?

In city centre don't know If I have a car available to me that morning but would be on for cycling out from town and meeting in Midelton. Anyone got other ideas?

Yeah thats cool cape...Il be cycling from Glanmire anyway so can either meet you in town or meet you on the way to midleton depending on our route

Suggest we meet by Dunkettle Roundabout (not iterchange) and head down to Youghal we can the main N25 or old Glounthane rd. I'd make it roughly 140 KMs loop or so from town.Should be back in time to watch the German's beat the Brits if we leave Dunkettle at 8am. All this weather permitting of course count me out if there is torential down pour, can't afford being sick off work.

Anyone else want to join us or have another idea?

Regards

Cape Clear

• Advertisement

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Suggest we meet by Dunkettle Roundabout (not iterchange) and head down to Youghal we can the main N25 or old Glounthane rd. I'd make it roughly 140 KMs loop or so from town.Should be back in time to watch the German's beat the Brits if we leave Dunkettle at 8am. All this weather permitting of course count me out if there is torential down pour, can't afford being sick off work.

Anyone else want to join us or have another idea?

Regards

Cape Clear

Cool...Sud have one more il be able to rope in anyway to tag along...

Looks like its just the two of us so cape. 8 o clock so from dunkettle roundabout.
    See you there! And if anyone changes their mind feel free to tag along!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭ShevY

what kind of average speed are we talking about here? was planning to do around 100k tomorrow early, for kerry also.

Not sure about cape but id be averaging between 27 to 30 km/hr...or so id hope.but come along anyway if your going out.no point in going on your own.

Cape Clear hit the road at 7.45 this morning. Spent 15 minutes waiting at Dunkettle roundabout (7.55 to 8.10) for fellow cyclists. None materilised I set off on my tod.Nice cycle did the TDC 100K route and was back in Cork for 2.15 or so total 91.65 miles.

Must apologise..Was delayed a few minutes and arrived at dunkettle at ten past 8.but you had just left. Sorry mate.
    Headed to youghal,tallow, rathcormac and glanmire. 106 km.
    Sorry again mate with my timekeeping.

Not to worry its not like your tall blonde and female ha ha! Felt like the diesel queen waiting there as the trucks passed! Will be on for a spin in 3 weeks or so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

That headwind today was the killer. I've been on/off the bike for a few weeks for a number of different reasons and certainly felt it during the last 30km or so today of the 104 we did. Here's hoping for a wind a little bit less brutal on the ROK next week.

Avg. speed was just north of 25kmph for the whole route. We were 30kmph until the stop in Tallow, the headwind slowed us down though.

Head wind from Tallow onwards was preety strong particullarly towards Dungourney not as bad as TDC though. Just above 25Kmph average speed for myself also.

Well lads anyone fancy heading out for a spin over the weekend?

• Advertisement

Not sure yet have the out laws visiting Sunday so may be confined to baracks! Should know by Friday. I'd imagine a few will head to Tipp this weekend.How did ROK go Murf?

The ROK went well Cape. Was delighted with my day. Was on the bike for 6.36 so was pleased enough with it. Myself and Plastik tore around most of it together. How did it go for you?

No worries about sunday,saturday might actually suit me if its handier for you?

Right lads well im heading to Thurles saturday so il be out sunday morning for a spin! Would be well up for some company so if ye fancy it and have any routes in mind let me know!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I cant make it this weekend but I will be up for a spin soon...:o

murf85 wrote: »
    The ROK went well Cape. Was delighted with my day. Was on the bike for 6.36 so was pleased enough with it. Myself and Plastik tore around most of it together. How did it go for you?

No worries about sunday,saturday might actually suit me if its handier for you?

7.44 on the bike myself well pleased with that. Enjoy Tipp don't think I'll make it out this weekend.

Il give ye another go....Will be meeting a buddy in town in the morning, half 8 outside the bike shop in parnell place.
    Anyone interested in coming along is more than welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Advertisement