Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three online store proof of identity

Options
  • 22-06-2010 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I bought a pre pay phone off the three website Sunday night and got an email today looking for a proof of identity and proof of address, is this a regular procedure with three? I just thought it was a bit odd seeing it was only a PAYG phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Very Odd, did you get the phone yet? It may be a security check of some kind, never heard of it before though.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bkelly86

No it hasn't arrived yet, I was thinking maybe they made a mistake and thought i was looking for a bill phone, but I was charged at the prepay price. Maybe its because I'm a new customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Doubt it, i'd say there's something up with your transaction that's arose some suspicion, could be address different on the credit card, something like that. Could be as handy drop into a shop tomorrow and get the phone..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I got a three bill pay phone 8 weeks ago on their website, I didn't get any requests for ID or proof of address. I didn't think the contract was valid without it!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bkelly86

Well the phone has been dispatched today so it must have been an issue with my laser card or something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement