Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old pensions - how can I find out details?

Options
  • 22-06-2010 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My husband paid into a pension fund just under a decade ago in a job he was in for several years.
    After a few years, he was made redundant as the company closed up shop and moved back to America.
    He paid into a Pension fund in him time with the company but has not received a statement for the pension since he was made redundant which I think was in 2002.

As it is so long ago, he is not aware of what company the pension was taken out with.

My query is, how can he go about finding out where his pension now is or attaining a statement?
    I'll be honest, I have no idea when it comes to pensions - would it be linked to his PPS no. or could he search it that way?
    If so who would he need to contact?

The money would've been deducted direct from his wages so there was no direct debit/standing order that he could trace with his bank.

I'm pretty sure he wants to carry on the pension where he left of, but out of curiosity, if he wanted to cash it in could he do so or are they tied up that they can not be redeemed before pension age?
    Or is that waay to vague a question considering I don't know where/what type of pension he has?

Thanks in advance :)

C :cool:

Comments

You should probably contact the Pension Board and they should be able to trace it for you. Best if you have the last known name and address of the relevant employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Thanks a mill GerardS, gave them a call & they were extremely helpful :)

Advertisement