Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap shipping

Options
  • 22-06-2010 4:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭

So, I'm finishing up in Oz in a month, and looking at all our excess baggage! I dont fancy lugging all that home so was hoping to send a box of crap home. Less than 20kg anyway.

Got some quotes off some places, including one for $500!! Thats just not worth it at all.

Does anyone know how I can send a box home for about $100?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

I reckon if you don't need the stuff at home urgently your best bet will be Sea Mail with AusPost, I sent an 8kg box home with them before and it cost me approx $45-50 if I remember correctly, and got there in about seven weeks, so if you're doing a bit of travelling on the way home, chances are it could get home before you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Seamail for 8kg now is about $80! I reckon i'l lbe sending double that. Not sure though.
    http://auspost.com.au/apps/international-parcel.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

sevenseas.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Freight in/out of Oz and NZ is horrifically expensive compared to Europe. I found this out recently when trying to import stuff to resell. I miss the days of easily shipping a pallet for next to nothing.

Advertisement