Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVI-D monitor to DVI-I graphics

Options
  • 22-06-2010 5:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

The above setup is compatible, right? I googled it and I think it is, just want to be sure.

The monitors I'm buying each have a DVI-D slot, and teh graphics card has 2 DVI-I slots

From what I understand, DVI-d cables can go into both, but not the other way around?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

should be fine yeah..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yep. You need DVI-D cables as the DVI-I male plugs are pin-incompatible with the DVI-D female sockets on the monitors (they lack the ports for the analog signal pins arranged around the blade connector on DVI-A and DVI-I plugs). But if push comes to shove you could just take a DVI-I cable and rip out the analog pins at one end with pliers if need be - everyone did it back when DVI-I cables were a fiver and DVI-D cables were €30-odd a pop for no reason! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Thanks

Advertisement