Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assemble Computer with linux in Cork

Options
  • 22-06-2010 5:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Good morning guys,
    I`m looking a place in Cork where I can assemble a minitower desktop with linux. I`m using a pc a lot for drawing with Inkscape and similar.
    Any good technician who can help me.
    I don`t want buy in Pc world or Harvey Norman because I don`t want pay the Windows license if I`m not running this operating system.
    Appreciate all your help.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Alot of online sites sell built PC's without an OS.
    Might be worth having a look around here and the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tangoku

castie wrote: »
    Alot of online sites sell built PC's without an OS.
    thank you very much for your reply. I know about online but I was looking for somebody in Cork for choose the pieces one by one and build in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Have a look at the Cork Linux Users Group - I was one of the founders many moons ago. Someone will be able to help you out there - http://cork.linux.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

I can help you out, PM me contact details, are you looking for someone to spec and build and install or just to show you the steps either way I feel I can be of assistance to you. I currently am using Ubuntu (10.04) and have been for about a year and a half so have a fair bit of knowledge about using Linux.

MC

Hello Paintdoctor I saw your link, I put my website on there as well. Is a forum about one software written in Gambas.
    Is there a big comunity in Cork using Linux?
    I'm running Ubuntu and you?

• Advertisement

Thanks MunsterCycling, I'm running Linux now since 2008 but always on laptop. I was thinking to buy a tower but I need to think about this(I'm not sure yet if for me is better a laptop)
    I'm using a lot Inkscape and Gimp.
    Any advise for a desktop and for a laptop as well.?
    I don't need a laptop for playing so it means
    No Processor Intel i7 (too strong for my use)
    at list one good Nvidia graphics card
    no big hardisk
    I had a tablet pc 1250el hp but now the mainboard is gone.

My budget is no more than 700 euro,
    any good solution?
    Thanks in advance

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Best advice is to take it to the proper forum then.

Tech > Computers & Technology > Building & Upgrading

castie, thank you I've put already there.
    Thanks

Advertisement