Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd whv application

Options
  • 22-06-2010 7:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    just wondering how long it takes to get this visa? Is it as quick as the first whv? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I had mine 10 minutes after applying. That was last year before they started really cracking down on people not actually doing the regional work...I did my regional work btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

did around 6 months of it myself.Just wondering how long it took for anyone who did it this year..

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭irishturkey

Two friends of mine got theirs within a week of applying

• Registered Users Posts: 39,353 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It varies, from 10 minutes to a month

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Did you post it or apply online? Posting them off will always take a little longer for obvious reasons but not longer than 28 days.

They have increased the amount of 2nd year visa's they check so they may come back requesting further info (bank statements, payslips etc)

This is the weed out the time wasters...online it can take anything from 10mins to a couple of months...if your waiting a couple of months it usually means they are looking into it.

Know a couple of people who did the dodgey and got it declined after about 5 x 28 days bridging visa's requesting further info etc. Know other people who submitted a dodgey ABN and got it in 10 mins.

Bottom line and point, if you have done your regional work you will be fine and will be given a bridging visa if you are running out of time on your 1st year Visa, so don't worry about that for the moment.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replys, im back in ireland at the moment, have done my time in the bush, so there should be no hassle there. Have a job lined up for a few weeks time so should get it done now.

Just one more question, Say I apply and get the visa, can i cancel it if i decide not to use it?

Advertisement