Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ntl wireless hardware upgrade advice

Options
  • 22-06-2010 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭

hey,

currently have 20 meg ntl broadband, which is decent enough.

i use it primarily for gaming (world of warcraft, bc2, mw2 ect) and some nights i will get uninterrupted gameplay but other nights i will get loads of disconnects, sometimes 4 or 5 in the space of an hour, which can be very annoying. the connection drops for about 15 seconds then reconnects.

im using the standard netgear wireless router provided provided by ntl which is in my front room, my desktop pc is in my attic, which is also only using the netgear usb wireless dongle provided.

my question is this, is it possible to upgrade the usb dongle or the wireless router to something with a better signal, un interruptable internet? or is the idea an oasis?!

i only really get download speeds of about 1.2mbps on a good day

should i be getting better speeds?

cheers

rob

Advertisement