Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unbelievable

• 22-06-2010 8:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭

Took my motor for new rubber on Saturday.

Rolled up on the ramp. Went to leave it with them.

I then saw the guy raising the ramp with the supporting rubber blocks under the footwell !!!!! S T O P.
    "You need to place those under the rubber lift points" I say.
    "The ramp is too small" they say and proceed to drop the ramp. No damage done thank God.

I brought it outside so that they could jack it up. As I'm taking the centre caps off I notice a second guy on the other side of my car manually lifting it up from under the front wing !!!! S T O P
    "What the fcuk?" I say
    "The jack won't go under the car" They say.

I took my jack out of the boot and raised it myself. Finally after my free tutorials they take over.

While I'm keeping an eye on them, I see one of the other guys crash a customers car into the front of a taxi. The brakes failed as they took it of the ramp and it hit the taxi behind. They proceeded to fix the brake problem and park up the merc.

I've never ever seen such ineptitude.

Nice guys in the end but I have to post up my experience. They're a large outfit on the Monread road in Naas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

Imagine the damage that could of been done your car if you left before they started work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I usually go to what I reckon is the same place and never have a problem. Generally they are pretty cheap as well. Maybe I have been lucky or you unlucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

And you still let them put tyres on your car after all that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I have to say I got tires from them recently and I found them to be excellent. Only problem I had was they set my alarm off despite me spending a good 3 minutes showing the bloke how to work it, but it was hilarious to see 3 of them trying desperately to shut the car up!

They were working on a couple of modified cars (lowered) at the time I was there as well and seemed to know what they were at with them. Maybe you just got unlucky with some plank who didnt know/care about what he was doing or a noobie maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShiresV2

I really don't like letting other people work on the car. If possible take the wheels off the car and bring them in another vehicle..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

ShiresV2 wrote: »
    I really don't like letting other people work on the car. If possible take the wheels off the car and bring them in another vehicle..

Bang on there.

edit: stonker of a hangover was a limiting factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

JHMEG wrote: »
    And you still let them put tyres on your car after all that?

... put tyres on my wheels while keeping an eye on them after I assisted in removing the wheels, yes.
    Ensured no damage to the wheels and that all were correctly zero'd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭C Eng

Advertisement