Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Window Replacement Question

• 22-06-2010 8:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi All,

The upper front window of my 5 berth camper (ie window in front of double bed above drivers cabin) has recently disconnected. I believe it may not be possible to simply re-install to open as normal, hence I may need to order a new one. I have emailed a number of suppliers and I have only been able to identify suppliers in England who will need the original sent to them from which point they will make a new one. While I can live with the price of the window, I believe the courier fees in both directions will be very expensive.

While I could securely fix the window to the vehicle permanently (meaning it can’t be opened), I believe this would be compromising fire safety. Another alternative is that I could somehow make the window act as a fall off fire door (ie it would be securely fastened but would fall to the ground in the event of being opened which I believe would be suitable for emergencies).

If anyone has any alternative suggestions on how I could deal with this problem, I am all ears. (eg a window supplier in Ireland, an alternative way to re-install the disconnected window, anything!!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance for all responses.

(Window details: Width 127.5cm, Height 38cm, Roxite 80, D 401, Polyplastic, Rotterdam, 9401 PMMA)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

How has it "disconnected"?

Has the glass fallen out of its frame or has the frame detached from the vehicle?

Is the cab surrounding the window still sound or is the frame rotten?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyBananas

peasant wrote: »
    How has it "disconnected"?

Has the glass fallen out of its frame or has the frame detached from the vehicle?

Is the cab surrounding the window still sound or is the frame rotten?

The frame detached from the vehicle. I believe the cab surrounding the window to be sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I still can't quite picture what happenend there.

Why do you think you can't just pop it in again so that it works?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyBananas

peasant wrote: »
    I still can't quite picture what happenend there.

Why do you think you can't just pop it in again so that it works?

Fair point. I haven't actually seen the disconnected window yet (it's been described to me over the phone). I'll have a look and report back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

I'm sure you'll be able to stick it back in, theres a guy in the north who does pattern windows. I would be more worried about the courier playing football with it than the cost.

If you buy your collection and delivery through www.parcel2go.com/ie it can be very cheap. Otherwise find a gls parcelshop near you that can also be cheap for sending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

I purchased from this website - arrived safely & hooked in again.. :D

I had the locking handles so didn't have to get them.

http://www.campingshop.it/en/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=27_28_67_74&products_id=720ased

Advertisement