Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Commute

• 22-06-2010 9:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

Well did my first commute on the new bike this morning. Had brought a week worth of clothes to work in the car yesterday to have everything here.
    Total of ~12.5km from Knocknacarra to Parkmore in Galway.

Very happy with it I have to say, except I can already see what you guys complain about all the time, today I had to cope with...

1. Cow**** on the road & no mudguards, luckily I could swerve around it.

2. Cycle Lane with Road Works sign in the middle of it.

3.Cycle lane with no lowered entry point so had to stay on the road.

4. Cycle lane covered in pieces of glass sparkling in the sunlight - luckily no puncture.

5. Cycle lane with solid concrete lumps in it an inch high, as if they'd dropped from a cement truck.

6. Postman parked in the cycle lane.

Felt great though, took ~30 mins, I hardly had to stop anywhere, felt great overtaking the lines of traffic and it only took me about 10-12 mins longer than it would in the car. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Well done, what route did you take?

There's a steep hill in Wellpark to face every morning.
    I'd imagine you are avoiding Taylor's hill, dangerous enough for cycling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Well done, what route did you take?

There's a steep hill in Wellpark to face every morning.
    I'd imagine you are avoiding Taylor's hill, dangerous enough for cycling

I live on Ballymoneen Road, so up the back as far as the Rahoon Road, down past the graveyard, Westside, over the bridge, out to the Headford Road Roundabout, on to the Tuam Road and up and over the hill and down to Parkmore.

I mapped a few routes before, through town, out by the Clayton, through Salthill & out Wellpark as you said - they're almost exactly the same distance so might mix it up a bit over the coming weeks.

Advertisement