Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Insurance with 123.ie

Options
  • 22-06-2010 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭

I got my quote for my dog (Scottie) yesterday just under €300. I checked 123.ie and it came in around €170.

I didn't check the finer details but has anyone used 123.ie for pet insurance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Be very careful, just because its cheaper doesnt mean its better, some of the cheaper quotes/companies dont cover as much so just compare the small print and terms and conditions.

I have never used them as i always use Allianz.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Definitely read the small print- you'd want to make sure 123.ie has lifetime cover (ie, your pet is diagnosed w/ lifelong disease this year, will it still be covered next year?).
    Petinsure.ie and Allianz are much more common and most vets have dealt with them before. Also check what you pay up front (think it's around €75 for allianz and petinsure) before insurance kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Allianz is the best plan overall.Ive only just signed up myself after looking at the various schemes out there. Its slightly dearer (not by a huge amount) but they cover the highest veterinary fees (€4k per year) whereas 123.ie is €2500. If you go for "accident only" cover with 123.ie it doesnt cover anything over €500 for the likes of a cruciate repair (mega money). Allianzs excess is €75 and 123.ies excess is €69.Cheaper but for the sake of €6 id go with the company who pay out quickly,have a good reputation and have a very high ceiling. You could easily go over €2500 in a year if your pet requires surgery and long term care afterwards. Allianz are very quick at dealing with claims also. Id advise you to read through all the fine print of each quotation first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭Trampas

Thanks for the replies.

Guess I'll stay with Allianz so.

Advertisement