Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer Mod Nomination's

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

redout wrote: »
    I have no need to pm you as I already put my question to you.

I asked a legitimate question which you seem not to want to answer on the forum.

You posted this morning that you were interested then several hours later deleted your post and posted a new one basically saying the same thing once again - I thought it odd as you already had made your intentions known.

If you would rather answer it by pm then feel free to do so.

If you insist. I put my name in around the 4th or 5th post in this thread, but deleted it a few minutes later because I thought I was being a bit hasty. Had a wee think about it and put my name back in when I came to the conclusion that I'd like to be considered for it after all.

I'd like to put my name forward for future selection when mods look through this thread in maybe 6 months or a year. I need to build up my portfolio of posts first and become a very active member. At the moment I'm still a bit of a lurker but i've really enjoyed being part of the the World cup draft and hopefully I'll be considered down the line.

This here is a man who tells his girlfriend to get on her bike when she asks him does he want to come to a BBQ on the beach, all because its near his pick in the World Cup Draft.

A most definite mod in the making imo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Archimedes wrote: »
    If you insist. I put my name in around the 4th or 5th post in this thread, but deleted it a few minutes later because I thought I was being a bit hasty. Had a wee think about it and put my name back in when I came to the conclusion that I'd like to be considered for it after all.

Grateful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Ooh, ooh, me me!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Someone just give it to Des, he clearly doesn't yet mod quite enough forums/fora!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i think Boggles should get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i think Boggles should get it.

CHD should, lack of Chelsea mod's ;) :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Osu wrote: »
    Being a moderator your never going to win a popularity contest. But if your passionate, if you have conviction, if you believe in what your moderating, the posters will sense that.

Brilliant....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

ntlbell ftw!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Pop my name into the hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I wish I could find this so called hat to drop my name into it :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Archimedes wrote: »
    No.

Edit: Any further questions about every little thing I do that bothers you, feel free to PM me.

you sound like a mod already so you do.

Id be tempted to apply for this but I think you already have a large number of quality posters (and some a lil less suited to the job) who have put their names forward in this thread so will decline popping my name anywhere, although if this thread is to be considerd for future reference I would have interest but wont pimp myself out here as ive posted for almost a decade so any regs on here should know what im all about as should any regs to PW where ive modded for the best part of a year now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I'll add my name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Reason it should be me:
    I won a european cup with Sheffield Wednesday in Champsionship Manager.*

Des hasn't time to answer PMs, so probably best if it isn't him.

*I wouldn't do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I'll throw my name in. Don't post as much as I should but I do lurk a fair bit and I don't have any alliances/ grudges so would be impartial.

Plus unemployment means I have plenty of time on my hands to read through posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i really do wish SOTS was still here for this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i really do wish SOTS was still here for this :(

Now, THAT would've been interesting:D

Cannae wait to see who gets it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

mars bar wrote: »
    I'd be up for it.

I wonder how long it would take you to give Conno a ban:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'll put my name down, lurk here and read a large number of the threads anyway, and I'd be impartial about things - time on my hands as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

TheTosh wrote: »
    I wonder how long it would take you to give Conno a ban:D

He better hopes it's not me that gets it then! :D

He's the only person on my ignore list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I think its time the Flah was given the "banhammer" tbh.

My reasons:

I'm pretty sure I'm the only applicant who has been involved in attempted takeover of a Premiership Club (having being foiled in a audacious to secure the ownership of Newcastle United in 2007, offering a used w*nk sock and a half eaten bag of Monster Munch).

I can rule the bauld Desmond out of the running as he is a man of dishonour, owing me a crinkly fiver as he does having seen South Africa eliminated earlier today. PAY UP DES, OR RISK YOUR NAME BEING RUINED.

I have a valuable insight into the mentality of the cleverest of trolls.

I pledge to lock all Barcelona wankf*sts before your computer screen gets clouded by redout's jizzum. I pledge to ban the words "Lucas","Rafa" and "Muppet" from use in the Liverpool forum. Headshot will only be allowed post in the Chelsea thread for the remainder of the season. Seaneh is banned from posting in the Serie A thread, unless he owns up and admits AC Milan may not be perfect.

I can also reveal I am currently in negotiations to bring SOTS and CHD back to the board under a joint username "Spiritofthetrophylesseighties."

Eagle eye will be banned from the World Cup Draft for taking it WAY too seriously.
    Hand over the job lads, its a foregone conclusion tbh.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

flahavaj wrote: »
    You want to be banned?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

PM me your bank details and you'll have your five whole euros forthwith.

Alternatively, I'll be in Cark the weekend of the 9th and 10th July, in the vicinity of Turner's Cross on the evening of the 9th, and elsewhere in the city on the 10th, if you'll be about, our mutual friend is putting me up for the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Des wrote: »
    PM me your bank details and you'll have your five whole euros forthwith.

Alternatively, I'll be in Cark the weekend of the 9th and 10th July, in the vicinity of Turner's Cross on the evening of the 9th, and elsewhere in the city on the 10th, if you'll be about, our mutual friend is putting me up for the evening.

Buy him a pint on me and we're quits, but make him say something nice about Waterford hurlers. Tip the pint over his head if he should refuse.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »

My reasons:

I'm pretty sure I'm the only applicant who has been involved in attempted takeover of a Premiership Club (having being foiled in a audacious to secure the ownership of Newcastle United in 2007, offering a used w*nk sock and a half eaten bag of Monster Munch).

I can rule the bauld Desmond out of the running as he is a man of dishonour, owing me a crinkly fiver as he does having seen South Africa eliminated earlier today. PAY UP DES, OR RISK YOUR NAME BEING RUINED.

I have a valuable insight into the mentality of the cleverest of trolls.

I pledge to lock all Barcelona wankf*sts before your computer screen gets clouded by redout's jizzum. I pledge to ban the words "Lucas","Rafa" and "Muppet" from use in the Liverpool forum. Headshot will only be allowed post in the Chelsea thread for the remainder of the season. Seaneh is banned from posting in the Serie A thread, unless he owns up and admits AC Milan may not be perfect.

I can also reveal I am currently in negotiations to bring SOTS and CHD back to the board under a joint username "Spiritofthetrophylesseighties."

Eagle eye will be banned from the World Cup Draft for taking it WAY too seriously.
    Hand over the job lads, its a foregone conclusion tbh.

For pure comedy alone it should be given to Flah :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Definitely, Flah gets my vote for that post alone:D
    Very funny!!

Definitely, Flah gets my vote for that post alone:D
    Very funny!!

My vote too, what won me over was his humbleness, modesty and no sign he would get drunk with power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Not putting myself forward, but what about some sort of quiz for all suitable applicants on a thread. Could have questions on general football knowldge, first to reply wins sort of thing, aswell as opinonated questions. eg Ronnie Whelan is:

A. Your man plays for Liverpool
    B. A spoofer Bill
    C. A credable pundit and former Liverpool player

Would be a good way of seeing that everyone applying knows their football, and a few might get found out. Mods could then decide based on the answers. Would also be a good laugh for the rest of us anyway??

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Not putting myself forward, but what about some sort of quiz for all suitable applicants on a thread. Could have questions on general football knowldge, first to reply wins sort of thing, aswell as opinonated questions. eg Ronnie Whelan is:

B. A spoofer Bill

Would be a good way of seeing that everyone applying knows their football, and a few might get found out. Mods could then decide based on the answers. Would also be a good laugh for the rest of us anyway??

Trick question the answer is
    D: Plonker

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

tommyhaas wrote: »

B. A spoofer Bill

Just because one has knowledge of football does not mean they would make a suitable mod for this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Christ, I'll say it cos everyone else is thinkin it, but who the hell are some of the people who've put themselves forward?

I think some have never even posted in the sf before

Start a poll with the most popular candidates and give it to whoever gets the most

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Dub13 wrote: »
    Just because one has knowledge of football does not mean they would make a suitable mod for this forum.

Yea of course, final decision would be still with the Mods, opionated questions (obviously unlike the one I posted 5 mins ago) mightn't have clear cut right/wrong answers, so still up to the Mods interpretation and down to them to make a decision on whose most suitable

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Few posters whose name i'd hoped to see in here missing. Anyways best of luck to whoever gets it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

archimedes is the only name that really stands out imo. hope he gets it :)

maybe also flaha :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I'd be happy enough. Always on this place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

event wrote: »
    Christ, I'll say it cos everyone else is thinkin it, but who the hell are some of the people who've put themselves forward?
    I'm right here :(;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Give the gig to the flah lads, you know it makes sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Thanks for the offer but you can stick it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

It should be that guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I dont wanna be a Mod, I wanna be a rocker

RATM wrote: »
    I dont wanna be a Mod, I wanna be a rocker

I've just watched quite a depressing film, but that made me lol so hard. Well played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I wouldn't mind helping out. I promise I'm not just a Gah-head :P

Dub13 wrote: »

There was an incident about 18 months ago were myself and I think about 7/8 others were all banned over an incident in which there was a comment made in reference to a very well known footballing incident (involving an Irish player I think) and the mod who banned people had no knowledge of it and therefore didnt get it and pretty sure they admitted as much. Now in a situation like that it really did matter. There was a huge thread started on feedback over the incident. I would go along with what you said "Just because one has knowledge of football does not mean they would make a suitable mod for this forum" as in not everyone with knowledge is suitable but overall I certainly believe that you do need some interest and have some knowledge to avoid another incodent like the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Throw my name in the auld hat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'll throw my hat into the ring for this.

Stan Kroenke style takeover of this forum Frisbee ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ah sure, I'll throw my name in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

redout wrote: »
    There was an incident about 18 months ago were myself and I think about 7/8 others were all banned over an incident in which there was a comment made in reference to a very well known footballing incident (involving an Irish player I think) and the mod who banned people had no knowledge of it and therefore didnt get it and pretty sure they admitted as much. Now in a situation like that it really did matter. There was a huge thread started on feedback over the incident. I would go along with what you said "Just because one has knowledge of football does not mean they would make a suitable mod for this forum" as in not everyone with knowledge is suitable but overall I certainly believe that you do need some interest and have some knowledge to avoid another incodent like the above.

But isn't it great that you had to go back a whole 18 months to find an example? ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Xavi6 wrote: »
    But isn't it great that you had to go back a whole 18 months to find an example? ;)

You putting yourself forward Xav?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Xavi6 wrote: »

Also it should be pointed out that the mod in question was american,so that would go some way to explaining that one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement