Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer Mod Nomination's

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Archimedes wrote: »
    I probably wasn't a realistic contender anyway given the amount of infractions I've picked up in here, but you can officially rule me out after my previous declaration of interest. Exam results did not go as well as hoped, so won't be as active as I'd like after the World Cup for a month and a bit.

Disappointing, I would have considered you as one of the best candidates for the job, some of the posts aimed at you in the past have been terrible and you've always managed level headed replies without bringing bias in (for the most part). Looks like des is the new favourite, him and his lorryload of forums to mod :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Archimedes wrote: »
    I probably wasn't a realistic contender anyway given the amount of infractions I've picked up in here, but you can officially rule me out after my previous declaration of interest. Exam results did not go as well as hoped, so won't be as active as I'd like after the World Cup for a month and a bit.

AWW man.. U coulda been a contender!!tongue.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Great post Gandalf, your right, being a Mod of forum you are active in definitely changes how you interact. Wise words for any new people who end up a Mod of any forum.

Saying that, I'll nominate myself for consideration, for now or anytime in the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

gandalf wrote: »
    Again if you want to mod because you think you will get power you will be sorely disappointed.

cheers for your post, i think the thread needed that bit of grounding.

yeah, i'm coming from a place of no experience whatsoever, but from what i can gather, this really is a key point which i'd suggest many haven't thought through fully.

we don't need an 'overlord', just a willing person to clean up and deal with sh*te, as well as maybe having a bit of craic with the other mods as a bit of an aside.

if you're happy with that balance, and can deal with that, and maybe have a bit of fun while doing it, then modship might be suitable for you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Thanks to all who contributed,the soccer mods will talk about this in private and come back and make a announcement asap.

Dub13

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement