Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocktails that you can make up really quickly / in advance?

Options
  • 22-06-2010 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

For our annual summer party we do a house cocktail but the problem is there's no bar-person & most of the guests haven't the skills or can be arsed to make them, - so this year I want to make a load up in advance & pick one that's easy to make a batch of during the party. Ideally it's longer drinks that we like.

Any suggestions for cocktails that can be made up in advance, in bulk, & are easy to make up a litre or 2 of?

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭Milly33

Pimms is great especially if you have the nice weather it is really refreshing..

Mixed with ginerale yum and some mint can just have it in a big jug with lotsa ice. You could use 7up or even sparkling water if you wanted try lots differant things, with Coke it sort of taste like Jack D.

Long Island Ice Tea is another one you culd make before hand, just have it nice and chilled..

I have a cocktail list from a bar we used to always go to for cocktails I could check this out for you see what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'm moving this thread, hopefully you can get more answers in here.

Cathooo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

In reality a lot of cocktails can be made in advance and left in bottles in the fridge with ice ready to serve.

Long Island Ice Tea is piss easy to make in advance.
    Equal parts gin, tequila, vodka, rum and triple sec and put a good squeeze of lime juice in the mix then all you need to do is stick a label on the bottle saying "mix with coke". You can pre mix it into the coke but it might go a bit flat a few hours into the party.

Fruit punch is dead easy to make too, all you need is a big bowl with a ladel in it and then some vodka and whatever juices you like (e.g. cranberry, orange and pineapple) then chop loads of oranges, strawberries and whatever else you want and throw it in the bowl. If you want you can freeze a big block of ice to sit in the middle of the bowl so it won't melt too quickly and dilute the punch. Measurements depend on how you want it to taste but 4 parts juice for every 1 part vodka is a safe bet. You can obviously try all sorts of combinations with fruit punch too.

Vodka + blue curacao + chopped fruit + 7up is lovely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I'd second the Pimm's, great for a summer's day. Or how about Sangria?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

séx on the beach - vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice and cranberry juice - nothing fizzy so can't go flat

polish burowka vodka mixed with quality apple juice is really nice too, i've used copella's but there are some really nice irish apple juices too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Red Rex: equal parts southern comfort, peach schnapps and red bull, yopped with cranberry juice. Leave the red bull till last to avoid flatness. It's like drinking liquid cola frosties!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭smallgarden

jokettle wrote: »
    Red Rex: equal parts southern comfort, peach schnapps and red bull, yopped with cranberry juice. Leave the red bull till last to avoid flatness. It's like drinking liquid cola frosties!

that sounds yummy! must try it,can u recommend cheap decent peach schnapps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Bleedin Delish

you seem to be able to buy bottles of pre-made mojitos in Supermarkets now... not really a fan myself but it makes sense I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Groucho2000

hi there

I usually use a flask to keep cocktails for parties. I bought the type used in offices for tea/coffee at meetings. Usually make mojitos or cosmos and each flask holds about 30 servings.

Advertisement