Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broadband in Drogheda Dublin Rd area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

red_bairn wrote: »
    I highly doubt they are on 38 upload! :D

Haha apologies. Fixed now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭nc63

martin_g wrote: »
    I am hoping for the 4th (-: but the way things have gone I wont hold my breath.
    Which cab are you on? I'm on the Stameen cab and have been told (finally) that it won't go active until the 12th. That's not what I was told when I first ordered from Vodafone. I realise that it isn't really Vodafone's fault. It is down to Eircom announcing something will be available in May and then not delivering on that promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭martin_g

Well just installed am getting 36.25 down and 11.92 up with ping of 21 am on Dublin Road Cabinet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Well just installed am getting 36.25 down and 11.92 up with ping of 21 am on Dublin Road Cabinet.

How far are you from the cabinet?

could you put up ping results for google.com, boards.ie and eircom.net?

Am 700 meters roughly or there abouts, will work on pics

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ferpur

sorry what cab? there are at least 6 cabs on the Dublin rd

Cabinet beside traffic lights at Bryanstown Cross Route

Pic

I called Vodafone this morning to see if the transfer of my line (Stameen) was complete. Much to my annoyance, I was told that the phone had been transferred but the broadband was not. Until the broadband is moved over, this leaves me paying Vodafone for the line as well paying Digiweb for an entire line rental/calls/broadband package. When I placed the order with Vodafone, I was given the impression I was ordering e-fibre. Today I was told that e-fibre can only be ordered when the local cab goes active, which is on the 12th. So the order for fibre will be placed on the 12th and will be completed god knows when. I'm tempted to have a moan at ComWreck about this, but I'm sure it will do no good whatsoever.

(edit: Eircom's line checker showed e-fibre as being available on the line on June 18th, when I placed the order with Vodafone. So the e-fibber is at it again!)

nc63 wrote: »
    I called Vodafone this morning to see if the transfer of my line (Stameen) was complete. Much to my annoyance, I was told that the phone had been transferred but the broadband was not. Until the broadband is moved over, this leaves me paying Vodafone for the line as well paying Digiweb for an entire line rental/calls/broadband package. When I placed the order with Vodafone, I was given the impression I was ordering e-fibre. Today I was told that e-fibre can only be ordered when the local cab goes active, which is on the 12th. So the order for fibre will be placed on the 12th and will be completed god knows when. I'm tempted to have a moan at ComWreck about this, but I'm sure it will do no good whatsoever.

(edit: Eircom's line checker showed e-fibre as being available on the line on June 18th, when I placed the order with Vodafone. So the e-fibber is at it again!)

You could make that point to ComReg. Did you screenshot it?

• Advertisement

You could make that point to ComReg. Did you screenshot it?
    I'm not sure if I took a screenshot, but I did post about it here and it was the 16th June, not the 18th. In any event, I've found that making any point to ComWreck is a fruitless exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Sky Broadband Grange Rath

Not too bad

2817878672.png

OK weird one I have checked a few houses in five oaks village numbers 79 80 81 and 82 can get up to 70mg but the rest of the houses can only get up to 50mg more eircom inconsistencies

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

ferpur wrote: »
    OK weird one I have checked a few houses in five oaks village numbers 79 80 81 and 82 can get up to 70mg but the rest of the houses can only get up to 50mg more eircom inconsistencies

When I did my order online it told me I could only get 25mbits which in marketing speak would be 'up to' 50Mbits. I don't see how houses that are further away can get 'up to' 70Mbits? What exactly is telling you those speeds and are you checking on the Eircom checker, Vodafone checker or Magnet checker?

LFCFan wrote: »
    When I did my order online it told me I could only get 25mbits which in marketing speak would be 'up to' 50Mbits. I don't see how houses that are further away can get 'up to' 70Mbits? What exactly is telling you those speeds and are you checking on the Eircom checker, Vodafone checker or Magnet checker?
    eircom checker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭positron

There was someone working at the cab between flogas and Roschoill around 9 this morning.

eircom checker

Where does it tell you what speed you can get? I thought all you could see was the usual sales bull about what you could potentially get?

Where does it tell you what speed you can get? I thought all you could see was the usual sales bull about what you could potentially get?
    if you put in your address in the checker it will blank out the up to 70mg choice if you cannot get that option

if you put in your address in the checker it will blank out the up to 70mg choice if you cannot get that option

Ah, I get you now. Well, it must be a load of tosh because it gives me the option of up to 70megs yet I've been told the max I'll be able to get is 25megs. I wouldn't believe anything you see on that website until you see it on your speed test and line stats after installation

• Advertisement

Ah, I get you now. Well, it must be a load of tosh because it gives me the option of up to 70megs yet I've been told the max I'll be able to get is 25megs. I wouldn't believe anything you see on that website until you see it on your speed test and line stats after installation
    my thoughts precisely ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jukebox Jim

So on Friday I finally got my install date from Eircom. The technician arrived at half 9 this morning and installed the new phone line and connectors on the wall. He then asks me: 'So, where is your modem?' Now I had been told many times previously that the new fibre router came with the install and the technician would have that when he arrived. He then checks his tablet and tells me that on my account there is no mention of getting a router.. I ask him if he has one in the van that he could give me, he says yes but needs to ring head office or something first. They then tell him that he can't give me the router because I need to call their customer service team to ammend the order. He then had to leave but said that if I could get it sorted with Eircom he'd be around town and come back later..

So I ring Eircom and spend almost an hour being bounced around from person to person, disconnected twice, before finally someone's there. I tell the story for the hundreth time and then I absolutely lost it! I don't think I've ever been as angry on the phone.. The guy I'm roaring at is baffled as to why the modem wasn't given to me but told me one would be sent out tomorrow and a manager would give me a call back. I have been told by Eircom on three seperate occasions that I would get a callback during the previous 2 months of madness but did not get anything.

Since joining with Eircom, it has been a real nightmare. Their customer service is a disgrace and seems to go along the lines of 'transfer him and he'll be someone else's problem..' I thought Vodafone were a shower but Eircom have outdone them in the incompetence stakes and I applaude them for that. Sorry for the rant but I just had to vent!!

So on Friday I finally got my install date from Eircom. The technician arrived at half 9 this morning and installed the new phone line and connectors on the wall. He then asks me: 'So, where is your modem?' Now I had been told many times previously that the new fibre router came with the install and the technician would have that when he arrived. He then checks his tablet and tells me that on my account there is no mention of getting a router.. I ask him if he has one in the van that he could give me, he says yes but needs to ring head office or something first. They then tell him that he can't give me the router because I need to call their customer service team to ammend the order. He then had to leave but said that if I could get it sorted with Eircom he'd be around town and come back later..

So I ring Eircom and spend almost an hour being bounced around from person to person, disconnected twice, before finally someone's there. I tell the story for the hundreth time and then I absolutely lost it! I don't think I've ever been as angry on the phone.. The guy I'm roaring at is baffled as to why the modem wasn't given to me but told me one would be sent out tomorrow and a manager would give me a call back. I have been told by Eircom on three seperate occasions that I would get a callback during the previous 2 months of madness but did not get anything.

Since joining with Eircom, it has been a real nightmare. Their customer service is a disgrace and seems to go along the lines of 'transfer him and he'll be someone else's problem..' I thought Vodafone were a shower but Eircom have outdone them in the incompetence stakes and I applaude them for that. Sorry for the rant but I just had to vent!!

We are just looking for the update of 'up to 24Mb/s' and the Broadband Sales group told my dad that we were already on the 24Mb connection. I told him we aren't because our modem was still showing stats for our 8Mb package. I rang the Technical Support and he said we are still on 8Mb and he said he'd transfer me back to Broadband Sales to get a new order. I was put through to a guy from Customer Care...m'kay...and he said we are on 24...fml.

After about 5mins of waiting on a line that seemed almost dead (the guy had clearly went off to speak to another person about our account)and he said he'd put us through the order again and that there should be some change within the next 24hrs. According to a moderator on the Eircom forums, he said it'll be up to 10 days...:rolleyes:

That sounds very frustrating red_bairn! I hope that gets resolved for you soon, if nothing changes in 24hrs I'd certainly get back on to them! I've been given the 10 days line as well recently and unfortunately in my case it has always gone nowhere.. Also forgot to mention that when the technician had to leave he told me the old router would still work hooked into the new connection. Naturally, it doesn't and I'm now tethering off my Samsung to my pc.. I never thought I'd say this but come back Vodafone, all is forgiven!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,292 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You should send that in an e-mail to Errorcom to show them exactly what it is like to be on the end of their "customer service" and cc Comreg.

I've had monumental struggles with them in terms of service. I'm with Vodafone who aren't without their faults.. being greedy ****ers is one of them.

Fingers crossed you get sorted.

everlast75 wrote: »
    You should send that in an e-mail to Errorcom to show them exactly what it is like to be on the end of their "customer service" and cc Comreg.

I've had monumental struggles with them in terms of service. I'm with Vodafone who aren't without their faults.. being greedy ****ers is one of them.

Fingers crossed you get sorted.

You think Errorcom are the only culprits? I thought Vodafone would exhibit a little more in the way of professionalism but that was sadly not to be the case. They took an order from me for fibre on 16/06, despite the fact that it was not yet available. At that stage they told me my line should transfer within ten working days and be on the fibre broadband after a further five days.

They transferred my PSTN line from Digiweb after 10 days but not the broadband service, which is still with Digiweb. As a result, I have to pay Vodafone for line rental and calls in addition to paying Digiweb for line rental, calls and broadband. The reason? Well, that would be because fibre is not yet available...

I tried emailing them to see what they intended to do to rectify the mess I'm in and received this terse and non-specific response:
    Upon review of your account, I have found that you have been in contact with one of our Customer Service agents regarding this issue.

Kindly, please call us back on the 15/07 so that your order will be re-placed.

Please accept my personal apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    So I tried calling again this afternnon. I managed to establish that this situation will persist until I am connected to the vDSL cabs, which a customer service person informed me could be up to 15 days (worst case) from 15/07. I gleaned this nugget of information from the rep right before they cut me off without answering my main query - what they intend to do about the double-billing situation they have landed me in.

So I've emailed them again, copying ComReg this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Have to say Eircom have been fantastic to me, thinks its the luck of the draw

Perhaps on an individual level they might be. However, they have grossly mishandled the rollout of e-fibre, such as announcing its availability on a date when it clearly wasn't available.

True. My mate lives in Drogheda and he had no problems with them. But I haven't heard from him since a few days after his install. :rolleyes:

We are just having trouble getting them to upgrade to the 24Mb package.

You think Errorcom are the only culprits? I thought Vodafone would exhibit a little more in the way of professionalism but that was sadly not to be the case. They took an order from me for fibre on 16/06, despite the fact that it was not yet available. At that stage they told me my line should transfer within ten working days and be on the fibre broadband after a further five days.

They transferred my PSTN line from Digiweb after 10 days but not the broadband service, which is still with Digiweb. As a result, I have to pay Vodafone for line rental and calls in addition to paying Digiweb for line rental, calls and broadband. The reason? Well, that would be because fibre is not yet available...

I tried emailing them to see what they intended to do to rectify the mess I'm in and received this terse and non-specific response:

So I tried calling again this afternnon. I managed to establish that this situation will persist until I am connected to the vDSL cabs, which a customer service person informed me could be up to 15 days (worst case) from 15/07. I gleaned this nugget of information from the rep right before they cut me off without answering my main query - what they intend to do about the double-billing situation they have landed me in.

So I've emailed them again, copying ComReg this time.

I had the same problem switching from utv to magnet but I have to say magnet have handled themselves very well they have already credited my account for the line rental and told me that when I get my final bill from utv send it over to them for more credit

I don't even know where to begin with todays episode.. I really dont..

So this morning the courier arrives and gives me the new fibre modem. I was excited, but also waiting for the next problem. I connected the modem and got green lights for dsl, power, wifi but it stayed red for internet. I then rang Eircom again and after being hung up on/transferred to nowhere twice they told me that a technician will have to come out to me and that'll be at least 3-4 working days. The damn thing was meant to be installed yesterday!! They also said there was some sort of system error on the account and that it would not grant me internet access.

I asked why could this not be sorted right then and there from their end but was told that wasn't possible. I then spoke with a manager in the fibre department and he was just as baffled as I was, couldn't understand what was going on with the service but couldn't do jack about it. He then put me through to complaints were I once again told my entire story and demanded a case number. I'm getting in touch with comreg tomorrow and I'm not letting go till I get some results. Will also be posting these last few posts on Eircom's forums tonight.

So right now I have no fibre or regular broadband and am tethering off of my phone. Eircom have screwed me over once again and I'm just blown away by their stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

I don't even know where to begin with todays episode.. I really dont..

So this morning the courier arrives and gives me the new fibre modem. I was excited, but also waiting for the next problem. I connected the modem and got green lights for dsl, power, wifi but it stayed red for internet. I then rang Eircom again and after being hung up on/transferred to nowhere twice they told me that a technician will have to come out to me and that'll be at least 3-4 working days. The damn thing was meant to be installed yesterday!! They also said there was some sort of system error on the account and that it would not grant me internet access.

I asked why could this not be sorted right then and there from their end but was told that wasn't possible. I then spoke with a manager in the fibre department and he was just as baffled as I was, couldn't understand what was going on with the service but couldn't do jack about it. He then put me through to complaints were I once again told my entire story and demanded a case number. I'm getting in touch with comreg tomorrow and I'm not letting go till I get some results. Will also be posting these last few posts on Eircom's forums tonight.

So right now I have no fibre or regular broadband and am tethering off of my phone. Eircom have screwed me over once again and I'm just blown away by their stupidity.

You think that is bad. Eircom came installed new socket and left modem. They weren't supposed to install, the order had been cancelled and confirmation email received from Eircom that service had been cancelled. Now Vodafone cannot install as it is on Eircom system. Eircom tell me they haven't installed anything. The new socket and eFibre modem are obviously figments of my imagination.

To make it worse is we asked for Eircom to upgrade business premises at same time, that still hasnt been done, when the txt message came from Eircom just assumed they were going to install at the business address.

Young lad at home knew broadband was being upgraded but didnt know by whom so let the Eircom guy do the install.

Mylow wrote: »
    You think that is bad. Eircom came installed new socket and left modem. They weren't supposed to install, the order had been cancelled and confirmation email received from Eircom that service had been cancelled. Now Vodafone cannot install as it is on Eircom system. Eircom tell me they haven't installed anything. The new socket and eFibre modem are obviously figments of my imagination.

To make it worse is we asked for Eircom to upgrade business premises at same time, that still hasnt been done, when the txt message came from Eircom just assumed they were going to install at the business address.

Young lad at home knew broadband was being upgraded but didnt know by whom so let the Eircom guy do the install.

Eircom engineers install for Vodafone. I'm confused over what you are trying to say.

Eircom engineers install for Vodafone. I'm confused over what you are trying to say.

But they don't install Eircom modems on Vodafone installations. At first Eircom said they installed it....now they are saying they didn't install it. A monumental f&*k up.

Mylow wrote: »
    But they don't install Eircom modems on Vodafone installations. At first Eircom said they installed it....now they are saying they didn't install it. A monumental f&*k up.

There are different modems for the Vodafone setup, right?

yellow tag on the stameen cab today one more step forward

yellow tag on the stameen cab today one more step forward

Was it my imagination or are you guys going live tomorrow? I remember a few cabinets in Drogheda were mentioned but couldn't remember whereabouts.

Carlow is going live tomorrow. Check the map tomorrow for any updates.

Was it my imagination or are you guys going live tomorrow? I remember a few cabinets in Drogheda were mentioned but couldn't remember whereabouts.

Yes we are. I just got an installation date for next Wednesday. About bloody time. After all the crap I've dealt with to get to this point I am expecting Eircom to send a plumber to install a tap :D

There are different modems for the Vodafone setup, right?

Huawei 658 for Vodafone

Zyxel F1000 for Eircom

:P
    Yes we are. I just got an installation date for next Wednesday. About bloody time. After all the crap I've dealt with to get to this point I am expecting Eircom to send a plumber to install a tap :D

Well, here's some news that won't surprise anyone. Eircom just rang to say my installation date is not available and I should never have been given that date in the first place. Have to wait till August now to get it. I have never in all my time dealing with utility companies had the misfortune to have to deal with such and unbelievable shower of incompetant gobsh!tes. How can one company be THAT bad :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:P

Well, here's some news that won't surprise anyone. Eircom just rang to say my installation date is not available and I should never have been given that date in the first place. Have to wait till August now to get it. I have never in all my time dealing with utility companies had the misfortune to have to deal with such and unbelievable shower of incompetant gobsh!tes. How can one company be THAT bad :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    did they even send out the router or give you a date?

• Advertisement

did they even send out the router or give you a date?

I got a new date, no router.

I got a date for this Thursday fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What's the new date?
    I was talking to them on Friday and they told me they can't give any dates out until Monday. I was wondering if that would effect that date you were given.

I got a date for this Thursday fingers crossed

My install is supposed to be happening on Thursday also. The router (Huawei) arrived yesterday.

My install is supposed to be happening on Thursday also. The router (Huawei) arrived yesterday.
    I have not received my router yet hoping it will arrive today:D

CMpunked wrote: »
    What's the new date?
    I was talking to them on Friday and they told me they can't give any dates out until Monday. I was wondering if that would effect that date you were given.

8th August. This was more down to not being able to get it done myself. They could have done it next Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

What's actually involved in the installation?

I presume they won't be running fibre up to your front door so what's actually entailed ?Is this not a plug and play job?

MugMugs wrote: »
    What's actually involved in the installation?

I presume they won't be running fibre up to your front door so what's actually entailed ?Is this not a plug and play job?

They'll tidy up the previous wiring to the termination point inside your house and install a new sockets containing 2 points, 1 for phone and a filtered one for vDSL. They will also move your line from the old POTS cabinet to the new fibre cabinet. Installation can take anything from 20 mins up to 2-3 hours depending on the work that needs to be done.

They'll tidy up the previous wiring to the termination point inside your house and install a new sockets containing 2 points, 1 for phone and a filtered one for vDSL. They will also move your line from the old POTS cabinet to the new fibre cabinet. Installation can take anything from 20 mins up to 2-3 hours depending on the work that needs to be done.

In the case for a friend (up in Whitethorn Park, Drogheda), he told me it took them less 15mins. It could depend on the build of the housing estate or house. Poor planning of the laid copper cables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I'd imagine that's going to create internal issues in houses so.

For example, my router is not at the first Eircom point in the hallway and having it there isn't actually practical. :(

Advertisement