Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

free xbox games on game marketplace

• 22-06-2010 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

does anyone know of any free games for download on x box live. apart from demos trials. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

There's none I'm afraid. You need to buy Microsoft points in order to get full games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

The only ones I know of are Hexic HD which comes preloaded on the HDD and Dash of Destruction which is basically a promotion for Doritos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

There was Dash of Destruction and some Yaris game that were free because they were advertising. Not sure if it's still possible to get them though - I don't think it was ever possible to get Yaris in Europe.

Generally, they're only free if they're advertising, or if Microsoft mess up the service for a while (Undertow and Carcassonne).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Totem Ball is free with a but, the but being you need the camera to play it and it's not worth playing as it's total rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

If you have a US Live Account you can also get Aegis Wing for free (a sideways scrolling space shooter - a poor mans R-Type clone). Link to US Live Marketplace.

The Yaris advertising game was awful (Metacritic score: 17) and mysteriously disappeared quietly around the time the New Dashboard came out. You could only download it with a US live account and can now only download if if either 1) you had downloaded it before, it'll still be in your download history or 2) if someone you know had downloaded it before, they can 'recommend' it to you - it sends a message to you with the download link.

The Doritos one (Dash of Destruction) is still available and free for everyone. It has pretty much 180-200 free gamerscore and my gamercard is free of that (and Avatar, too, for that matter :))

Not quite Free fox XBox Live, but Games for Windows Live you can download a free puzzle game "Tinker" for your Windows PC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Didn't know about Aegis Wing, must nab that now. If you have Yaris recommend it to me :D
    GT: Calex deus US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah set up a US gamertag myself to try out Aegis Wing. It's quite decent for it being a free game :)

Also would be much appreciated if anyone could recommend Yaris to me too ;) GT: AtavanHalen88

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

calex71 wrote: »
    Totem Ball is free with a but, the but being you need the camera to play it and it's not worth playing as it's total rubbish.

Ahhhhhh, why did you post this. Downloaded it to see what it was like and now my arms are wrecked.

Oh yeah, you're spot on by the way. Its complete rubbish.

Advertisement