Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost engagement ring - Salthill [Metal Detector Needed]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Good luck with finding the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Insurance policies differ and whether the ring is covered or not may depend on its value.

Most require specific things to be itemised only if they're over a certain value. Others automatically cover things under that value.

As a guideline, I've heard €1600 being used as such a figure, but of course a Ring could easily be over that if not multiples of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Just subscribing to this thread because I want to see how you get on, good luck and plz post results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Xiney wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

most people who have an engagement ring continue to wear it after they get married.

I know... I'm just joshing with them...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rubywoo

What an awful thing to happen, really hope you find it. Will be watching to see how you get on.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭antonf

Many thanks to John who has lent me his metal detector. Will be heading out shortly to try it out.
    Lots of positive thoughts folks and will let ye know how it all turns out.
    A.

Message to Churchview: We are with Quinn and they will give all risks cover but only if they are specified regardless of cost.

Best of luck - hope it works out and hope you find it.

You'll know now for again, but Quinn really are a case of you get what you pay for. There's a reason they're so cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

the time i lost a piece of jewellery (family heirloom) i called into the council and they lent me a metal detector

(it wasnt in galway though, but it might be worth a shot)

I can't believe it! We've found the ring.
    Many thanks for all your comments and well wishes and again a special thanks to John, the good samaritan who was willing to lend his detector to someone he's never met. I'll never ever forget it.

A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

that is absolutely brilliant news! I'm so glad to hear it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

Jaysus great ending to the story!! brilliant. Was it deep under the sand or what?

antonf wrote: »
    I can't believe it! We've found the ring.
    Many thanks for all your comments and well wishes and again a special thanks to John, the good samaritan who was willing to lend his detector to someone he's never met. I'll never ever forget it.

A.

Congrats on finding it. Where was it? Please don't say next to the car keys on the telephone table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

great news, delighted for ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Mr.Mister wrote: »
    Congrats on finding it. Where was it? Please don't say next to the car keys on the telephone table.

Middle earth

Yes we found it on the beach. We were searching for over an hour and then decided to go the other direction and within a few minutes we found a cheap earring and a trolley coin that I had also lost. I couldn't believe it and a man who was holidaying from Cork came down from the prom to help us. Then we found the ring. I really didn't believe it was possible - there's been four tides since Monday evening but it just goes to show, you never know until you try. Sometimes the impossible is possible.
    A.

Yes we found it on the beach. We were searching for over an hour and then decided to go the other direction and within a few minutes we found a cheap earring and a trolley coin that I had also lost. I couldn't believe it and a man who was holidaying from Cork came down from the prom to help us. Then we found the ring. I really didn't believe it was possible - there's been four tides since Monday evening but it just goes to show, you never know until you try. Sometimes the impossible is possible.
    A.

Us Corkonians are great la... We always bring more joy to a joyous occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

A.

Thats Great..Fair play :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Also a big Thanks to the person who loaned you the Detector. It's those kinda people that gets us through and helps us on our way here in Ireland, and an admirable aspect that Ireland would be known for I reckon ...... It's a shame with time comes change, but John and the Corkonian proved it's still possible .....

**Is there a Diving Club in Galway .... They might have experience losing things maybe they could let ya know who to ask or how to go about trying to find something on a beach.

I'm very surprised the Garda weren't more helpful or did you actually ask them?**

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

This put a smile on my face this morning, what great news!! Fair play to those who helped out. :)

http://www.galwaysubaquaclub.com/
    http://www.divegalway.com/

• Advertisement

Didn't really ask the guards to do anything. Reported it lost on the beach and they just took details. I didn't know if someone had picked it up after we were gone. The metal detector, I felt, was a longshot but one that worked out in the end.

There is a diving club in Galway but as the ring was lost on the beach I don't know if they could have offered much advice. For now I'm ecstatic that I have the ring back and it's going to be valued and placed on the insurance asap. And there's a new addition to the going to the beach checklist: Take off jewellery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Didn't really ask the guards to do anything. Reported it lost on the beach and they just took details. I didn't know if someone had picked it up after we were gone. The metal detector, I felt, was a longshot but one that worked out in the end.

There is a diving club in Galway but as the ring was lost on the beach I don't know if they could have offered much advice. For now I'm ecstatic that I have the ring back and it's going to be valued and placed on the insurance asap. And there's a new addition to the going to the beach checklist: Take off jewellery.

shhhh don't thank me. Just pay it forward..I'm glad you found it. Happy end to a crappy few days

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rubywoo

Oh that's great news! Hurray! Sending good karma to the good samatarians too! Thanks for updating us, that's cheered me up. :D

Wonderful news. Delighted for ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Delighted to see that you got sorted.

The jeweller you bought it off should be able to sort a valuation for you without any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Tefral

Jesus thats great news... Not often you hear a story with a happy ending these days!!

Big up to the fella that lent you the detector...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Brilliant news, well done for perserveering, now insure the damn thing !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Happy to read you found the ring OP.....:)

http://www.galwaynews.ie/13836-quest-lost-ring-has-happy-ending
    Boards.ie got a mention in the City Tribune

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

They stole my Middle Earth joke too! pfff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement