Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Lessons for Spanish Friend

Options
  • 22-06-2010 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know of someone or somewhere that does English Lessons for Spanish. I have a friend of a friend coming over in the next few weeks and he really wants to learn how to speak english properly (before starting work which makes a differance). Saw a few courses but they were highly expensive for what they were.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭FerrisBueller

Hi Milly,

As far as I know Cork English College which is on Patrick's Hill I think and the Cork Language Centre just off Patrick's Hill are both pretty good, I'm sure they do the official Cambridge exams, etc too.

If you're looking for something cheap/free put an ad up in Tesco in Paul St for a language exchange if he/she is looking for conversational exchange. If I was in the country I probably would have PM'd you!

Another idea maybe would be to try out the UCC Hispanic Society, he/she'd meet people with the same interests and get a chance to practice English too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Columba79

Hi Milly,
    If they wanted to do an exchange, I would be interested.
    I would like to practise my basic Spanish. I am a qualified TEFL teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I like the name "FerrisBueller" I might try this Hispanic Society alright this sounds like something that may be of use.

It is actually my brothers girlfriends, brother it was just easier to saw Friend who is looking for the classes. He is over in a few weeks. Columba79 are you living in the City or close by this might be an idea alright.. I think he has a little English but wants to perfect it so the swop migt work out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Columba79

Yeah - in the city - south douglas road, city side. you can give it to him as an option anyway. I took a career break and was in Spain for 6 months last year trying to learn spanish. I did exchanges there for my own Spanish so am used to the set up.
    Cheers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 isabel.huber

Hi!
    I am from Spain and I will be in Cork until August 3rd. I am willing to do an english-spanish exchange. Maybe is anyone interested? Columba79, have you found already an exchange or are you still interested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

I am interested in doing an exchange with you

Hi disco biscuit!
    Let's try it, then? Why don't we meet in some pub or cafe? Maybe we could meet some evening next week. I can meet you whenever you prefer (I have to work until 17:30-18h, but later I'm free!).

Hi "Biscuit"!!
    Are you still interested in doing an english-spanish exchange??

Advertisement