Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this gout?

Options
  • 22-06-2010 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a short severe sharp pain in the front of my shinbone, about 100mm up from my ankle. It comes maybe 10 -15 times a day but goes away after about 20 seconds. I'm wondering could it be gout? Or does gout only affect toes and ankles?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Its not gout - but you do need to see your GP to find out exactly what it is though. Its impossible to tell without actually having a chat and a looksee on the leg. This is why going to the internet for a diagnosis is potentially harmful.

When you go to see your doctor - try to think of what makes it better or worse (exercise and movements and if painkillers help) and tell him/her, it'll help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement