Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Racing Kayak in Wexford

Options
  • 22-06-2010 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi folks,
    My Elio Dolphin K1 Racing Kayak was stolen last night (21/6/10) in Enniscorthy around 2230. Its colours were a green deck and a yellow hull. Unique features would be three yellow kevlar bands on the bow-
    It was taken off my car.The straps were also taken which suggests that someone put it on a roof rack. It is seventeen foot long and could only be transported on a roof rack.
    It is quite tippy. Whoever nicked it is probably never going to be able to paddle it, so its either going to end up abandoned or sold on. (At least I have the consolation of knowing whoever stole it is in for an unpleasant swim)
    It is shaped like this:
    http://www.elio-kayaks.co.uk/InStock.html

If anyone sees it about, please let me know, tadhgdebarraathotmaildotcom or Enniscorthy Garda station at +353 53 924 2580
    Ta
    Tadhg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

I've linked your post to a kayaking mate of mine and asked him to spread the word. Best of luck in recovering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 debarra1

thanks for that RadioRetro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

That sucks dude
    Be worth your while posting on KayakHut, Irish Freestyle and SpiritCraftKayaks......
    I'll put the word out to as many paddlers as I know.
    Hope you get her back..... lovely boat!

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Hard luck Tadhg. I'll keep an eye out for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

I saw a poster up about this,it was clearly being watched.

I hope you get it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 debarra1

Hi folks, K1 was found in a nearby back garden. I had put flyers through the letterboxes in the area it was stolen. ( I had even put a flyer through the thief's letterbox!) Somebody who had seen the flyer spotted it. It had been opportunistically taken with the intention of selling it on. Putting the flyers around meant that thief couldn't easily move it without it being seen. Thus it remained local and waiting to be seen by someone. Thanks for the support. regards Tadhg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

debarra1 wrote: »
    Hi folks, K1 was found in a nearby back garden. I had put flyers through the letterboxes in the area it was stolen. ( I had even put a flyer through the thief's letterbox!) Somebody who had seen the flyer spotted it. It had been opportunistically taken with the intention of selling it on. Putting the flyers around meant that thief couldn't easily move it without it being seen. Thus it remained local and waiting to be seen by someone. Thanks for the support. regards Tadhg

Fair play man!

Delighted it turned up.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Well done, hope the trucker gets whats coming to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

yeah.....top marks. any sort of justice coming his way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

debarra1 wrote: »
    Hi folks, K1 was found in a nearby back garden. Putting the flyers around meant that thief couldn't easily move it without it being seen.

Well done Tadhg - glad you got it back. The fliers really did the job.
    Bet the Guards were suprised!:) Happy kayaking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement