Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Africa -v- France Group A Free State Stadium, 3pm Irish Time Live on RTE 2/ITV1

Comments

Last minute. Come on France. Get the draw at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

South Africa I salute you!!!

SarahBM wrote: »
    South Africa I salute you!!!

They did it for Ireland you know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Au Revoir Vuvuzela

Winner all around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Bye Bye France. Deserved after cheating in the Ireland game..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Ah well South Africa played good football, better than ive expected, France were shocking bad worse than i expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mods are trolling IMO.

check again.

1) trolling for supporting France? eh what?
    2) no mods are doing any what you percieve as trolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Kev_ps3 wrote: »

Do we just use this instead of "800 years" permenantly now yeah?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Congratultions South Africa. You didn't qualify but gave a good account. France came back into it when Malouda and Henry came on. Neither side can be proud of the World Cup "achievments" but South Africa can look forward to a bright future I think.

So now that France are out does that mean we can all go back to normal now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

What daft stunt will Domenech pull this time? I'm expecting something big seeing as it's his final match :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Bye France.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Great comment from Twitter

Waiting for someone to console Thierry Henry like he "consoled" Richard Dunne . . . .

/moves on

Kev_ps3 wrote: »

How many times...

Look it wasn't France. It was one player. FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Disappointing way for great players such (most likely) Henry and Gallas to exit international football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

That_Guy wrote: »
    Congratultions South Africa. You didn't qualify but gave a good account. France came back into it when Malouda and Henry came on. Neither side can be proud of the World Cup "achievments" but South Africa can look forward to a bright future I think.

So now that France are out does that mean we can all go back to normal now?

Yes. C'MON SLOVENIA!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭CptMackey

poor South Africa, they gave it everything in the game but just couldnt get the goals.

At least France are gone. Karma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Disappointing way for great players such (most likely) Henry and Gallas to exit international football.

Is/ was Gallas a great player?

Au Revoir France... can't say you'll be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Hopefully all this pathetic anti-french crap will stop now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

was domenech arguing with the south africans at the end there?

EDIT: ITV just showed a replay, refused to shake hands.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Domenech refused to shake the South African manager's hand.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Domenech is saying he saw a lot of what he hoped to see in this match from the French team - heart, generosity... a clown to the bitter end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

That shot of Domenech on the halfway line sorta made me feel bad for him.:(
    edit: until i saw him not shake hands wtf:mad:

Why was Domenech refusing to shake Pareira's hand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Seriously bad form from Domenech, shake his hand you piece of sh*t, goodwill and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

kenon wrote: »
    Domenech refused to shake the South African manager's hand.

As if we needed to confirm he is an absolute tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

He's lost all credit now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

I cant believe Domenech refused to shake his hand... that is very disrespectful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Let's hope that all of this anti French ****e stops now. Let's also hope that anyone that went on about Henry's handball never acts like a hypocrite and moans about English supporters criticism of Maradonna.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Bad for that Domench didnt shake the SA coaches hand. terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

No sympathy. Bad Sportsmen to the bitter end.

That team is a joke. I can say with certainty that our mediocre and small team would have brought more credit to the World Cup then these clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Let's hope that all of this anti French ****e stops now. Let's also hope that anyone that went on about Henry's handball never acts like a hypocrite and moans about English supporters criticism of Maradonna.

Amen.
    I believe Robbie Keane got called on 3 or 4 handballs in that very match.
    Had one of them slipped the ref's eye and went in our favour there'd be no moanin.

Also, we all know it was really McShanes fault for not clearing the ball.

Disappointing campaign all in all. I'll have to find a new team to root for now.

Some positives can come from this though. These bad experiences can bring a steel and resolve to the team and hopefully Blanc can channel that disappointment into a new found determination now that Raymond has thankfully left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Domenech is such a tit.

I don't feel happy that France are out, I'm also not disappointed that they are out.

Indifferent would be the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

The final act of insanity by the clown Domenech. Press conference should be fun (if my French was any good :o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Amen.
    I believe Robbie Keane got called on 3 or 4 handballs in that very match.
    Had one of them slipped the ref's eye and went in our favour there'd be no moanin.

Englighten me as to how you know this for sure again :confused:

• Advertisement

Osu wrote: »
    He's lost all credit now.

Not like he had much to begin with tbf.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

That shot of Domenech on the halfway line sorta made me feel bad for him.:(
    edit: until i saw him not shake hands wtf:mad:

+1 felt exactly the same, complete disrespect by Domenech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yep because complaining about an incident 7 months ago that kept us from THIS World Cup is the same as moaning about an incident 24 years ago from the WC of '86.

It will be forgotten about a year from now and you'll only hear about it on nostalgic TV shows like 'Reeling in the Years'.

Let's hope we have an end to the do-gooders trying to sanitise emotional investment in sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

France really will be losing a large number of their first team after this game. Anelka already gone and sure to be followed by Henry and Gallas. Abidal, Evra, and Malouda will probably be considering their futures as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Let's hope we have an end to the do-gooders trying to sanitise emotional investment in sport.

If being pissed off and fed up of seeing anti French rubbish makes me a do-gooder, then I guess that is what I am.

I find it pathetic that people cannot enjoy a World Cup without resorting to pettyness.

EDIT: If Henry never handballed that was no guarantee of qualification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Yep because complaining about an incident 7 months ago that kept us from THIS World Cup is the same as moaning about an incident 24 years ago from the WC of '86.

It will be forgotten about a year from now and you'll only hear about it on nostalgic TV shows like 'Reeling in the Years'.

I hope your right but I do feel it will be remembered longer than a year. The next time we get to play France it will brought up for again for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

I have a feeling Blanc won't be as ruthless as some expect and let the old guard stay. Evra, Malouda and Abidal are definetly here till at least 2012.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Hopefully not, but if it is I hope he scores. It'd be a fitting end to a great career.
    Xavi6 wrote: »

I was really hoping Thierry scored in that game. It would be a fitting end to his career as although he'll still be playing next year, I look upon his departure from international football and to the MLS as the end of an era.

Au revoir Le King.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Thats shocking really. Common neither team is going through so get over it. Acknowledge your counterpart

Completely agree... Sick of hearing "hopefullly this anti French thing is over" bla, bla, bla.

Do ppl not think that if Robbie Keane had done the same and we were in the World Cup that French fans would have been a tad pissed off??

France screwed us very recently and knocked us out of a tournament that is currently taking place. Of course ppl are annoyed about that and happy to see france go out.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Au revoir Le King.

Au Revoir Le Cheat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

That_Guy wrote: »
    Not like he had much to begin with tbf.

Yeah but things like that are just shameful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If being pissed off and fed up of seeing anti French rubbish makes me a do-gooder, then I guess that is what I am.

I find it pathetic that people cannot enjoy a World Cup without resorting to pettyness.

It's not being petty it's just a bit of a laugh. Yes the tabloid anti-French campaign is stupid and I oppose that as much as you do, but in my view most Irish fans wanted to see them fall flat on their backsides without having to read 'em.

Some people can't seem to distinguish between a bit of craic and outright xenophobia.

I think England fans who complain about the Maradona handball to this day are just having a bit of a laugh. Maradona is like a panto villain. Henry became the same. I don't think they harbour a deep resentment of Argentinians deep down. Likewise I don't think Irish people harbour any resentment towards the French.

Lighten up everyone. The sun's out and the French are out. Happy days. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

BEST. DAY. EVER.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Au Revoir Le Cheat.

Unfortunately that is how many people will remember him and it will tarnish his image when people think back on his career in ten years. Instead of being though of as one of the greats he will always be though of as the guy who cheated. Sad really...

• Advertisement
Advertisement