Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Africa -v- France Group A Free State Stadium, 3pm Irish Time Live on RTE 2/ITV1

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Mr Alan wrote: »
    you don't have to look so far away from home to find a hypocrite-weren't we awarded a phantom penalty against Georgia in this world cup qualification campaign. Didn't see peoples indignation spewing all over the shop about that.

I'm sure the Georgians were pretty pissed off. Are you now not allowed to be angry about your team being screwed?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

you don't have to look so far away from home to find a hypocrite-weren't we awarded a phantom penalty against Georgia in this world cup qualification campaign. Didn't see peoples indignation spewing all over the shop about that.

Doesn't suit their bitter, jealous filled agendas.

Of course they won't acknowledge, facts such as that but continue to spout uneducated vile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

DB10 wrote: »
    Accidental handball is not blatantly cheating. If anything the Puyol incident was worse.

He is the most honest player I have ever seen.

Look up Wayne "I never dive" Rooney or Steven " Diving is a terrible act" Gerrard.

If you think Henry is in anyway worse than Maradona you are bonkers. Not in ability btw.

It wasn't accidental. Maybe once if it had hit his hand but he touched the ball twice with his hand and it was clearly deliberate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

That incident was just a poor decision by the ref, no Irish player blatantly cheated like Henry did. Plus after the FIFA seeding fiasco it was obvious that France were wanted in the World Cup and not Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'm sure the Georgians were pretty pissed off. Are you now not allowed to be angry about your team being screwed?
    Of course you are. I was pretty annoyed on the night. The fact that there was a peno not awarded to france which was definate, and the fact that **** like that happens all the time means i got over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

So what you're saying is it's actually GEORGIA who should be at the World Cup?

Quick, start a Facebook group!

Exactly.

Maybe FIFA should have made a "Group I" for all of the poor hard done by teams to get out of. No doubt we'd draw with every one of those teams too.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    So what you're saying is it's actually GEORGIA who should be at the World Cup?

Quick, start a Facebook group!

I hope you don't work in the Irish embassy in Georgia, I hear they're marching on it as we speak.

Also the Georgian Prime Minister has involved himself in matters of football!

There is a clique between all of the mods on here that is not beneficial to the forum. Pathetic

Jigga wrote: »
    There is a clique between all of the mods on here that is not beneficial to the forum. Pathetic

Oh poor boy, getting bullied by the big bad mods...

Can't deal with several comebacks at once eh? Shame you love doing it to others with bitter uneducated posts.

Not even soccer mods either brains...

• Advertisement

What clique? Does two people make a clique these days? Or are folk who give the same opinion all now branded in that way?

Maybe it's the other way around that people with an ongoing chip on their shoulder and can't move on aren't beneficial to the forum?

A lot of questions there I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

There is a thread to become a mod on this forum, so if you can make a difference go ahead and put your name forward

Xavi6 wrote: »
    What clique? Does two people make a clique these days? Or are folk who give the same opinion all now branded in that way?

Maybe it's the other way around that people with an ongoing chip on their shoulder and can't move on aren't beneficial to the forum?

A lot of questions there I know.
    Just looking through the thread there is comments by soccer mods such as yourself and Frisbee etc (Allez les Bleus, Henry can get them out of this mess single handedly, etc) which are really just pathetic attempts at trying to provoke other posters who are obviously aggrieved at being cheated out of a place at this World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i like this thread, not popcorn level but close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

News just coming in that Raymond Domenech refused to shake South Africa manager Carlos Alberto Parreira's hand because the Brazilian said France did not deserve to be at the World Cup.

Just looking through the thread there is comments by soccer mods such as yourself and Frisbee etc (Allez les Bleus, Henry can get them out of this mess single handedly, etc) which are really just pathetic attempts at trying to provoke other posters who are obviously aggrieved at being cheated out of a place at this World Cup.

I'mma let you finish but....I'm not a soccer mod.

Posters should get over something that happened months ago. It's done. Build a bridge. That's my opinion, you have yours. The ignore button is there if you don't like my posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

_Bella_ wrote: »
    News just coming in that Raymond Domenech refused to shake South Africa manager Carlos Alberto Parreira's hand because the Brazilian said France did not deserve to be at the World Cup.

Yea, this link discusses it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2010/news/7847585/France-and-South-Africa-out-of-World-Cup-as-Uruguay-and-Mexico-go-through-to-next-round.html

Perreira said:
    "I believe it was because I had criticised his team after they qualified (when they controversially beat Ireland in the play-offs), but I really don't remember," he said. "This is what his assistants told me."

Jigga open your eyes Neil,Des and Xavi aren't soccer moderators. If you would just look slightly to the left of your screeen but no that is too much to ask.

I don't even think frisbee is either, he is a UCD mod or something.

Anyone that steps in your path of terror against Henry and the French is le traitre as Evra would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I wish everyone would just move from the whole Henry handball ****e, its gone...done...get over it. There's always Euro 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Jigga open your eyes Neil,Des and Xavi aren't soccer moderators. If you would just look slightly to the left of your screeen but no that is too much to ask.

Anyone that steps in your path of terror against Henry and the French is le traitre as Evra would say.

lol

Xavi was anyway as he gave me an infraction before for calling Stephen Ireland a traitor.

Frisbee is a Soccer mod so I suggest you take your own advice and open your eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Just looking through the thread there is comments by soccer mods such as yourself and Frisbee

As an Arsenal fan Henry is God to me, so of course I'm going to be saddened that he is retiring from international football and express that in the thread for his last game. I would have loved to see him bag one last goal for Les Blues.

Supporting one of my favourite players is trolling now? Just because he knocked us out of the WC qualifiers. Some people are able to get over things quicker than others. I'm not having a go at you for constantly having a go at France am I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I'm over the handball thing, but there's a dirty part inside of me that loved seeing France crash and burn so dramatically. People here should really get on with it though.....Are you all forgetting that England might also soon be getting knocked out? Let's turn our pointless rage towards there!
    :pac:

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I'm over the whole peno thing, but there's a dirty part inside of me that loved seeing France crash and burn so dramatically. People here should really get on with it though.....Are you all forgetting that England might also soon be getting knocked out? Let's turn our pointless rage towards there!
    :pac:

What peno?

Xavi was anyway as he gave me an infraction before for calling Stephen Ireland a traitor.

Frisbee is a Soccer mod so I suggest you take your own advice and open your eyes.

So you have previous...hmm...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Off to the South of France on Saturday for my hols. Anyone know how to say "I blame the ref not the French" in french?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Frisbee wrote: »
    As an Arsenal fan Henry is God to me, so of course I'm going to be saddened that he is retiring from international football and express that in the thread for his last game. I would have loved to see him bag one last goal for Les Blues.

Supporting one of my favourite players is trolling now? Just because he knocked us out of the WC qualifiers. Some people are able to get over things quicker than others. I'm not having a go at you for constantly having a go at France am I?

Is Henry retiring from international duty?

mewso wrote: »
    Off to the South of France on Saturday for my hols. Anyone know how to say "I blame the ref not the French" in french?

Je blâme le ref pas les Français

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Dean820 wrote: »
    What peno?

lol, sorry my mind was somewhere else there. Fixed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

MikeySligo wrote: »
    Is Henry retiring from international duty?

LOL. Hope so...............................??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

mewso wrote: »

Votre équipe est inutile. J'ai ri à quel point ils étaient. Il était drôle.

Should save you from any hassle from any sour football fan guards at the airport anyway.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Votre équipe est inutile. J'ai ri à quel point ils étaient. Il était drôle.

Should save you from any hassle from any sour football fan guards at the airport anyway.

Ce fil va s'enfermer bientôt je prédire avec toutes ces bêtises français.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I forgot to mention I studied French for years a long time ago so I can spot the cheats pretending to help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

*walks away, whistling innocently*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Not sure when Sepp Blatter started reffing games, I''l have to look that up.

Maybe explain why France didn't get a stonewall penalty in the game when Anelka was hacked down??

May just leave this thread, was interesting but too many bitter pathetic people just popping in with biased nonsense.

:pac: Says the Arsenal fan!!

Listen, you keep defending him just cos he played for the club you like all you want. That's fine!!

We're just gonna revel in his demise!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Well I am over it now that France's campaign has completely fallen apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

This has made me pleased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Apparently Domenech refused to shake Parreira because of the Henry Ireland incident.
    One thing that was in reach, however, was the hand of South Africa coach Carlos Alberto Parreira, but Domenech refused to shake it to even turn the post-match niceties into a farce. "Domenech wasn't happy that I criticised France following their qualification against Ireland. I can't remember saying anything about them - what he did was lamentable," said the Brazilian, who padded his career stats with his first World Cup finals win in 11 games with a nation other than his native country, before giving Domenech a genuine reason for chagrin. "It's a shame for football that France are even at the World Cup. [Thierry] Henry cheated, pure and simple."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/columns/story?id=800654&cc=5739&ver=global

Parreira, Domenech, let it go please. It was an eternity ago and it's embarrassing to keep harping on about this, etc. :pac:

Advertisement