Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Upgrading an arcade xbox

• 22-06-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Bit of a newb question but I will probably have to replace my 360 soon and I was wondering can I just slot my current working hard drive into an 360 arcade version?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Yep. It should work with no troubles at all...

After you plug the drive into the new Arcade Xbox, you should go through the Licence transfer tool on the XBox.com support pages (link) to transfer all your content licences to the new XBox.

This means that you'll be able to play all your XBLA games offline (if there's no internet connection, or if someone else logs onto the XBox with their gamertag, etc.).

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If you're talking about replacing your existing one because of RROD then be sure to contact Microsoft before buying your new console even if it's been more than 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭GisforGrenade

Thats great, thank you for the info. The RROD was fixed but it now the whole thing just freezes up for no good reason, the repair crowd are looking into it for the second time and if they can't it fix they will refund the money and I am off to buy an arcade Xbox.

Yep I've done that as well, worked fine

Advertisement