Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Subscriptions

Options
  • 22-06-2010 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

I read recently that new users have the option to subscribe to replied-to threads set by default.

After going on a major post rampage recently, I think it's a good way to keep up with my ramblings. I normally forget to set this, or don't bother.

3 questions :

- is there a maximum number of subscriptions?
    - I wouldn't want to contribute to overloading the email server, so does it make any difference to you if the email option is set to "instant, daily, weekly" (obviously it would if everyone set every thread to instant, but in the smaller scheme of things)
    - do the subscriptions expire after any length of time?

I would expect to do some housekeeping on these subscriptions every now & then, basically changing the email setting based on age, or removing the subscription - but just want to see what stuff is done by default.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

1. No max I'm aware of.
    2. Whatever works for you; we can handle the mail throughput.
    3. The subscriptions don't expire unless explicitly removed.

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

4723663227_abe1faaa85.jpg

Advertisement