Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Mayor

Options
  • 22-06-2010 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

It would seem Kevin Kiely's reign will come to an end next Monday with Maria Byrne getting the chain. Given FG's dominant position in the council, they will be rotating the position amongst themselves over the entire duration of this council.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Fine-Gael-whip-Scully-expects.6375610.jp

It'll be interesting to see how the new mayor will follow Kevin Kiely's stint. If nothing else, he certainly generated a high profile for himself with some of his statements.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Good riddance to that embarressment of an official.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Did you not hear? He wants another term because in his own words he is "a very popular Mayor."

Actually he is an embarrassment to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

What song is Immigrants Alliance Leader Kev Kiely singing now that Enda Kenny hasn't conveniently disappeared as he had initially thought? Can't wait to hear him officially on record singing Kenny's praises after trying to stab him in the back along with all the other two-faced, half-arséd Fine Gael careerists the other day........

As for Maria Byrne she has all the look of an Asylum escapee - and inspires roughly the same amount of confidence as one might have in such an individual.......

- By what process are these odd, dull, uninspired People even elected?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Raiser wrote: »

As for Maria Byrne she has all the look of an Asylum escapee - and inspires roughly the same amount of confidence as one might have in such an individual.......

Her last election posters were like something from Killinaskully.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Her last election posters were like something from Killinaskully.

Is she going to Storm City Hall and win her place on a landslide of votes gained from a campaign of Tactical Flower Arranging, Guerilla Knitting or Nocturnal Sweater-Cake baking or something?

Maria Byrne 2010 - You knead me to spread da Dough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Good riddance to that embarressment of an official.

Don't worry, we have the likes of Jim Long who is in line for it in the next few years to do Limerick proud. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Kess73 wrote: »
    Don't worry, we have the likes of Jim Long who is in line for it in the next few years to do Limerick proud. :D

Jimmy Long is a fine man and does alot for his area and the city.
    Fair play to you Jimmy

I hear Jim Long was really, really attentive to the needs, concerns and basic fears of his Neighbours when anti-social behaviours in his locality spiked dramatically recently.

Kess73 will no doubt regale us with tales of his efforts to prove himself as a diligent, productive, principled and efficient Public Servant.

He is also on record saying that "I'd rather be called a racist than a traitor." - Source

This sentiment is obviously open to interpretation but in my opinion it could well be interpreted as the whole small-minded 1850's notion of "They're taking all our jobs and banging all our Wimmin" - but on steroids.

- After Kevin Kiely was publicly reprimanded by Enda Kenny and asked to retract his own shameful opinions in a similar vein are we to conclude that there some requirement from City Hall that you have to conduct yourself in a manner that could possibly lead to interpretations of being Racist in order to become eligible to wear the Mayoral Chain of Limerick City?

Labour is keeping things interesting by throwing their hat in the ring in the form of Cllr. Gerry McLoughlin - Here is a brief but colourful excerpt of what a National Newspaper reported on a particular day in the life of good auld Gerry.

- The charming Headline is: Shannon fined €25,000 for abuse of referee Source
    The assistant referee, Tommy O’Donoghue, in his report, states that “as we made our way off the pitch it was quite evident that Gerry McLoughlin was leading an amount of verbal abuse at George Clancy, calling him a cheat, a cúnt* and a bastard. This gave way to people coming behind Mr McLoughlin and joining in on the verbal abuse.

- For all of you out the who are ardent Jan O'Sullivan Supporters you'll be relieved to know that She acted appropriately in the aftermath of this. Source
    Gerry McLoughlin is a very passionate person when it comes to rugby. I don't know what he said, but if he said things he shouldn't have said I'm sure it's because of his passion for rugby, particularly for Shannon. We can all lose our cool at times if we're upset about something

Well done Jan - What a way to lose all your credibility backing up and excusing this brand of behaviour, you will never see a vote from me or anyone with an iota of sense ever again!!!!

* This is in the article as c*** - I interpreted it as such and am open to correction on what it was implied to mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

As a country we are badly served by public officials in the main. Kiely is a particularly brutal example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Raiser wrote: »
    I hear Jim Long was really, really attentive to the needs, concerns and basic fears of his Neighbours when anti-social behaviours in his locality spiked dramatically recently.

Kess73 will no doubt regale us with tales of his efforts to prove himself as a diligent, productive, principled and efficient Public Servant.

He is also on record saying that "I'd rather be called a racist than a traitor." - Source

This sentiment is obviously open to interpretation but in my opinion it could well be interpreted as the whole small-minded 1850's notion of "They're taking all our jobs and banging all our Wimmin" - but on steroids.

- After Kevin Kiely was publicly reprimanded by Enda Kenny and asked to retract his own shameful opinions in a similar vein are we to conclude that there some requirement from City Hall that you have to conduct yourself in a manner that could possibly lead to interpretations of being Racist in order to become eligible to wear the Mayoral Chain of Limerick City?

Ah now Raiser, you don't need me to highlight the man's many achievements and success stories in his area and for the city.

Nor do you need me to highlight the qualities and qualifications the man has for such an esteemed role like that of being mayor.

Every time the man gives an interview to the paper or radio he does a far better job of highlighting why he will be just as great in the role of mayor as those that have held the title in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Suspect posts removed. do not pist wild claims again peoples.

Advertisement