Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garage Recommendation - Renault

• 22-06-2010 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi, i am wondering if anyone knows or can recommend a good garage with Renault Diagnostic tool to bring my Megane. I am in very south Co Dublin and there are no renault dealers who are convenient for me.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

I am in same boat .... was long a customer of Rochestown Ave Renault now gone. My 5 year old Megane has had few probs last year or so. It is currently slung on the side of a road as steering suddenly went:mad: Now that it is out of warrenty, I have been happy with local garage in Mt Merrion for repairs. PM for details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭trentv

Do you know if that garage uses the diagnostic tool? My reason is that i need to change the oil soon, but i'd also like to plug it in and see if there are any other problems which aren't apparent right now so i'd like a garage that has the tool so i can kill two birds etc.
    I had no service history when i bought it and have had it serviced in a non-renault garage so I dont really know the state of the car as it stands (even thought its driving ok).
    Thanks for your reply. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Yes they do have computerised set up to do diagnositcs. I have a friend with another same age Megane and he is happy with his mechanic in Dundrum Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

If you have no lights on the dash then a diagnostic is not required, and any mechanic can do an oil change for you. With no service history I would suggest the same mechanic give the car a good going over to check pads, disks, fluid levels, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

If you have no lights on the dash then a diagnostic is not required, and any mechanic can do an oil change for you. With no service history I would suggest the same mechanic give the car a good going over to check pads, disks, fluid levels, etc.

+1
    Diagnostic Tool is only an aid to fault finding, its useless for finding faults that aren't apparent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭trentv

When I got the car first i had it serviced by a non-renault garage, and there was nothing to be done bar replacing a bulb or two.

(by the way its an 05 1.4 petrol Megane hatch)

Although it got the all clear in the service I have always felt its a bit strange to drive, but never known whether its a fault or if its just a "Renault" thing. The car doesn't really react very quickly when i press on the accelerator, it takes a fraction of a second for the revs to come and as a result i tend to over-rev, its hard to get used to on hills and heavy traffic. So this is the reason i wanted the diagnostic, to check that there is nothing abnormal showing up. Other people who I've let drive the car agree that it is slightly off but none could decide whether or not it was a problem or just the way the car is.

Given my explanation do you still think a diagnostic would be a waste of time? as I dont know what appears in the report when its done I dont really know. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JamBur

Sounds to me like a possible throttle body issue. Clean & reprogram costs about 60 squid

Advertisement