Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPANISH - What did you think?

• 22-06-2010 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Loved it personally!

Comprehensions were lovely and aural very slow!

What did ye think of it?

Depending on the blasted bell curve I think I'm in the runnings for an A or possibly B1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Yeah was a good paper , all the comprehensions were pretty easy , opinion pieces were pretty general and you could use some ideas from the text , note/diary was pretty simple - i did both and the dialogue was grand! Hopefully got the A with the easy aural!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

This is the first Spanish exam I've ever done so I don't know what the usual standard is like, but I found it very easy :)

I was surprised to see Haiti come up though, and also the fact that they said the European Union had 17 countries lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

I did OL and was delighted with the paper. Only thing that may have brought me down was the oral :(

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

I don't usually know what to think about exams but I'm fairly sure I have an A in the bag! :D

Thought it was brilliant, aural was very slow!

But yes, stupid bell curve >:(

This is the first Spanish exam I've ever done so I don't know what the usual standard is like, but I found it very easy :)
    l

How come it's your first? Did you do an oral exam?

• Advertisement

annainez wrote: »
    How come it's your first? Did you do an oral exam?

Oh I never did Spanish in school as it's my first language. Just sitting the exam. And yeah I did have an oral exam =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

easiest spanish exam ive ever had!! the first and second comps. were easy peasy, the 2 smalls ones are usually my worst but wow they were easy!! "when should u wear grey glasses" and then "conducir"... wow easy much its usually an abstract word you wouldnt know!!

wanted to shoot the people doing the tape they were so slow!
    for the opinion i did the internet for the greatest invention of the last century!!

im so happy hopefully an A1/2 :D

Oh I never did Spanish in school as it's my first language. Just sitting the exam. And yeah I did have an oral exam =]

Aw lucky A1 in the bag so! I love Spanish, been working on my spoken loads, I don't care about written for leaving but it comes naturally to me so I do well in the written too. Where are you from do you mind me asking? (I have a slight obsession with Spain haha)

muffinz wrote: »
    wanted to shoot the people doing the tape they were so slow!
    for the opinion i did the internet for the greatest invention of the last century!!

The internet! Why didn't I think of that? I spent a minute or so trying to think of the best one (other than cars) before deciding to do the second option because I remembered some random news item about "la polución sonora" years ago :D
    annainez wrote: »
    Aw lucky A1 in the bag so! I love Spanish, been working on my spoken loads, I don't care about written for leaving but it comes naturally to me so I do well in the written too. Where are you from do you mind me asking? (I have a slight obsession with Spain haha)

I'm from Madrid. Yup, handy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

I was freaking out this morning because I had heard that French and german were both "impossible" so I was sure Spanish was going to follow this trend

• Advertisement

Cipango wrote: »
    I was freaking out this morning because I had heard that French and german were both "impossible" so I was sure Spanish was going to follow this trend

I don't know about German, but I didn't find anything hard in French at all. Maybe it was just me :confused:
    In my class there was quite a range of opinions about it, no consensus.

Anyway at least you did well in Spanish :)

yeah i had read in the paper that the german paper was hard for native speakers, so i was like shiiiiiiit!! but it was grand :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Melissa X

Thought it was a dream,was expecting harder comprehensions!Very nice paper overall

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NR

easiest spanish exam ive ever had!! the first and second comps. were easy peasy, the 2 smalls ones are usually my worst but wow they were easy!! "when should u wear grey glasses" and then "conducir"

I hope you didn't actually write down "conducir" though.

I was very happy with the exam but I waffled a bit in the opinion pieces, which I thought where a little bit weird. In terms of the Aural, is it just me or does it seem like the people who set the Spanish exams have a thing for astronauts and space?

NR wrote: »
    I hope you didn't actually write down "conducir" though.
    course i didnt, i wrote "people should wear them while driving"

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

Pleasantly surprised. Going in hoping for a max of C1, but now I feel I deserve around a B. :D

Comprehensions were possibly the easiest I've ever done, and same with the tape.
    Opinion was crap, but then again, I was expecting it to be.
    Really pleased though.

course i didnt, i wrote "people should wear them while driving"

You scared me for a minute there.

You know the two sentances that you have to word differently in Spanish? What did they even mean, they were lost on me

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

NR wrote: »
    You scared me for a minute there.

You know the two sentances that you have to word differently in Spanish? What did they even mean, they were lost on me

The first one was something like 'It's of upmost importance" or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Aoiferz

I LOVED that Spanish paper. Usually I find the Aural really hard but I was able to at least get an answer for all of the questions. I was nervous that it'd be a hard paper as it seems the SEC are having a laugh with some of them but I reckon they left us alone becuase there's so few people who take spanish :p

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

haha its funny how little people do Spanish!!! 20 comments so far on this thread on the exam was this morn! All the other "aftermath" threads have this many replies 5mins after the exam!!!

I thought it was sooo nice like seriously, nicest paper I have ever seen! Two things I predicted were old people and technology and they were the two long comprehensions :D

I did the second essay, talked about people communicating non-stop through internet, phones etc cant stay quiet, news telling us about world problems -that its not being hidden from us like it used to be, and the fact that people with problems like derpression and addiction feel they dont have to keep quiet about it, like the old days, and get help! Would that be ok?

Tape was a dream!!! Hati.... papers ovbiously aren't set when we all thought they were!!!

Roll on August 18th :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 cli2931

Yep that was definately one of the nicest papers I've seen for Spanish in years! Was so happy when I looked at it!!! :D

Some of those words were just tricky , for the one about "recibe su energia" what did people put? Think i put "esta alimentado " .. por baterias" - Doesnt that mean it is charged/fed by batteries. Left out the batteries bit of course!

Also was proponer = apoytar (something like that)?

PARARORY wrote: »
    Some of those words were just tricky , for the one about "recibe su energia" what did people put? Think i put "esta alimentado " .. por baterias" - Doesnt that mean it is charged/fed by batteries. Left out the batteries bit of course! ?

I said "esta alimentado" because I assumed it meant something similar to "it's powered", which is it same as "receives it's energy"

I said "esta alimentado" because I assumed it meant something similar to "it's powered", which is it same as "receives it's energy"

Deadly , thats what I said! Aural was so nice as well , the weather was much easier than other years!

In the aural when it asked did yas put down that Ms de la vega she was the vice president of the spanish government?

Just thinking back on other spanish exams - definitely our comprehensions were much easier in general - especially the 2 little ones which can be tricky sometimes!

Some of those words were just tricky , for the one about "recibe su energia" what did people put? Think i put "esta alimentado " .. por baterias" - Doesnt that mean it is charged/fed by batteries. Left out the batteries bit of course!

Also was proponer = apoytar (something like that)?

Ya I said apoytar!
    I said something that looked like propulsion for the first one tho cant remember exactly!

Crap! Just looked it up , the equivalent of proponer = is plantear.

I said it was apoytar because it looked more correct!

Fcuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was gonna say it....
    At least its only 1mark!

In the aural when it asked did yas put down that Ms de la vega she was the vice president of the spanish government?

Ah that's what it was! I was thrown by that completely and got distracted and ended up writing that the most important cargo being flown to Haiti was "two zebras" because that's all I heard

Fcuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was gonna say it....
    At least its only 1mark!

I know how you feel! I was so close to putting "plantear" but then it reminded me of trees and seeds so I decided against it lol... Ha screw this im not gonna check any of the other answers before I realise I lsot stupid marks!

Paper is up http://www.examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2010/LC012ALP000EV.pdf !

• Advertisement

I said that, but put "por baterías" in brackets. Took me a moment to decide what to say, because none of them was really suitable for it at all considering the technological topic ("alimentar" taken out of context just didn't sound right) and I should know since I speak the language fluently.

I did notice some little details that surprised me a lot. The paper referred to old people as "personas viejas" once, which just sounded very derogatory/non-PC. The term they should've used was "personas mayores". Also the woman on the CD said that instructions were written on the paper, which sounds fine in English but in Spanish it made me cringe: "en el papel del exámen" should've been "en el exámen".

Advertisement