Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPANISH - What did you think?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 angel93

I did the pass paper and loved it.
    in the aural does anyone know where the survey was taken?
    that was the only thing i had trouble with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

angel93 wrote: »

Omg so annoying!!! I can't remember it and the examiner offered me the CD to take home. >_< I didn't take it. Bahh sorry =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

angel93 wrote: »

In the city of granada? Thats what i got anyways?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

PARARORY wrote: »
    I know how you feel! I was so close to putting "plantear" but then it reminded me of trees and seeds so I decided against it lol... Ha screw this im not gonna check any of the other answers before I realise I lsot stupid marks!

Paper is up http://www.examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2010/LC012ALP000EV.pdf !

OMG that is exactly why I didnt put it down either!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

The aural was lovely, but I feel it was too easy and now I'm lulled into a false sense of security... they'll adjust the marking scheme to make it really bitchy to prevent grade inflation. Last year's French had a really easy aural too but the marking scheme was revised like a dozen times to prevent too many people doing too well / too bad... so they might go in the aural, instead of two marks for each question in one exercise, award six marks for the hard question and two marks for the easier ones or something. Or else you only get half marks for leaving a small bit of detail out etc.

One of the translation exercises for the opinion was a little bit tricky, it was the one that began with 'sueno' does anyone know what it is exactly?

• Advertisement

fauxshow wrote: »
    The aural was lovely, but I feel it was too easy and now I'm lulled into a false sense of security... they'll adjust the marking scheme to make it really bitchy to prevent grade inflation. Last year's French had a really easy aural too but the marking scheme was revised like a dozen times to prevent too many people doing too well / too bad... so they might go in the aural, instead of two marks for each question in one exercise, award six marks for the hard question and two marks for the easier ones or something. Or else you only get half marks for leaving a small bit of detail out etc.

One of the translation exercises for the opinion was a little bit tricky, it was the one that began with 'sueno' does anyone know what it is exactly?

"Sueño con ver una carretera llena de coches y la única cosa que se oye es el sonido de los neumáticos."

I dream of seeing a road full of cars and the only thing that can be heard is the sound of the tyres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

for that "i dream...." i wrote numatics, but i have no idea what numatics are xD do you think ill get the marks?
    and the person who wrote "two zebras"... your epic xD whats zebra in spanish!?
    oh and for the writing spanish in a different form, for old people i wrote "gente de edad" because i forgot what vieja meant, i thought it meant trip and i was like why are they talking about trips?! duuuuur.

muffinz wrote: »
    for that "i dream...." i wrote numatics, but i have no idea what numatics are xD do you think ill get the marks?
    and the person who wrote "two zebras"... your epic xD whats zebra in spanish!?
    oh and for the writing spanish in a different form, for old people i wrote "gente de edad" because i forgot what vieja meant, i thought it meant trip and i was like why are they talking about trips?! duuuuur.

I don't know if it'll get you the marks, but I wrote "wheels" because I couldn't for the life of me remember the word "tyres" >_< :D Don't worry too much about it. I doubt there was many marks going for that =]

Zebra in Spanish is Cebra, pronounced Theh-bra.

I don't know if it'll get you the marks, but I wrote "wheels" because I couldn't for the life of me remember the word "tyres" >_< :D Don't worry too much about it. I doubt there was many marks going for that =]

Zebra in Spanish is Cebra, pronounced Theh-bra.
    argh yeah i hate when i blank on a word in an exam D: and thanks for that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 s0ur_cherry

why the hell would zebras be the most important cargo for a disaster in haiti! i said medicine of some sort?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

i said first aid..... I said wheels too... was a complete guess!!

Iirc it was a tonne of medicine. Not sure how much detail they wanted but I don't think they wanted the exact amount. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

Iirc it was a tonne of medicine. Not sure how much detail they wanted but I don't think they wanted the exact amount. :)

Couldn't of been a tonne, on the OL paper it said how many tonnes, 12, 120, or 1200?

Couldn't of been a tonne, on the OL paper it said how many tonnes, 12, 120, or 1200?

I think it said "una tonelada de medicinas". Probably said some other number I can't remember very well :) I only actually remember the word "tonne/s" :p
    I'm pretty confident I got that right though in my exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Just had a look at the Spanish paper online. I'm a teacher, not a student, and am very familiar with the previous years' papers, and that was certainly the easiest one that I've seen in a decade. The dialogue was extraordinary, practically all present tense, just one subjunctive, no preterite or imperfect, no conditional. The comprehensions were almost devoid of tricky questions and I also noticed that last year's aural was much slower than before, and it seems from the comments that they continued that this year. I don't know if it's a policy to make the Spanish easier, but some of the questions on the Higher Level could have been on the Ordinary Level paper.

Glad everyone here felt they did well, just be thankful it was this year you were doing Spanish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MariaBabii

It was 12 tonnes of medicine

MariaBabii wrote: »
    It was 12 tonnes of medicine
    phew :pac:
    pretty sure i did really well in the tape, the only thing i wasnt brilliant at was the weather as usual, but even the words werent as hard this year :D
    and i didnt get who mrs. de la vega was, i kept zoning out, i heard president so i wrote down "president of the campaign" as a guess -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NR

why the hell would zebras be the most important cargo for a disaster in haiti! i said medicine of some sort?!

I'll have you know that Ireland sent three zebras to Haiti after the earthquake and I think France sent eight.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭S Connor

I know you are all propably young people doing leaving cert Spanish at school. As a mature person I decided to do it because I go to Spain every year and wanted to know some Spanish. As I only had 25 lessons over the course of a year and had never did any exams before I did ordinary level. I found it ok and think I did well. Only thing I had to think about was the letter. We had to discribe a shop?? Not the usual letter about Spanish friends visiting you or you visiting them ect. Have to agree aural was very easy. Bit too slow actually, I also wanted to kick him ha ha. Was def 12 tonnes of medicine and the city someone was asking about was Granada. Who knows I might do higher level next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NR

S Connor wrote: »
    I know you are all propably young people doing leaving cert Spanish at school. As a mature person I decided to do it because I go to Spain every year and wanted to know some Spanish. As I only had 25 lessons over the course of a year and had never did any exams before I did ordinary level. I found it ok and think I did well. Only thing I had to think about was the letter. We had to discribe a shop?? Not the usual letter about Spanish friends visiting you or you visiting them ect. Have to agree aural was very easy. Bit too slow actually, I also wanted to kick him ha ha. Was def 12 tonnes of medicine and the city someone was asking about was Granada. Who knows I might do higher level next year.

Yeah I noticed the shop thing, I don't do the letter anyway but it was a bit of a dodgy one. I did find the "However, despite" bit in the dialogue tricky, but that was it really.

And I stand by it, two zebras was the most important cargo on the plane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

S Connor wrote: »
    Bit too slow actually, I also wanted to kick him ha ha.

I know! The first person drove me insane!! Like a 10 second gap between words! However i found the slow speed almost a distraction as i found it harder to concentrate.

The funny thing was our CD broke in the middle and our examiner was terrified! He didnt know what to do!

Advertisement