Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Parlours Around Marbella

• 22-06-2010 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

I'm thinking about getting one this summer in Spain. Does anyone know any around the Marbella area and are they good? I don't want to be catching any infections you know!

Anyone have any experience getting one around here? Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Whats wrong with getting one in Ireland?

From what I have seen people who get tattoos on holidays usually get terrible ones. It will also go to **** if its exposed to sun so soon after getting it done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Dancor wrote: »
    From what I have seen people who get tattoos on holidays usually get terrible ones. It will also go to **** if its exposed to sun so soon after getting it done.
    Not always though, Hellrazer got a fantastic sugar skull tattoo done when he was on his holidays, but the thing is you need to treat it like any other tattoo. Put proper thought into what you want done, and who will be doing it, rather than wandering into a random tattoo parlour.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Not always though, Hellrazer got a fantastic sugar skull tattoo done when he was on his holidays,

I kept it out of the sun,pool,sea etc.Its like my arm had a holiday all on its own under cover of a t-shirt.

Dont know whether it helps the OP but this lad did mine and comes highly recommended.

http://www.fotolog.com/nanotattoo666/52067388

Based in Estartit from June to October.
    His name is Nano.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭YungJoshy

I thought it would be more of a holiday feel to get it in Spain. Plus, I wont be getting it till the last day of course

Not always though

Thats why I said usually.

From what ive seen its a bad idea.
    So many friends who have crap tattoos after getting ''holiday tattoos'' and hearing about parlours slapping vodka on the area when its finnished :eek:
    What about touch up's, after care advice etc; Im sure there are many good artists all over the continent and at holiday resorts. Ive been tattood while away and im very happy with the result.

Last week I was in Portugal and the amount of dodgy looking parlours open late at night praying on the drunk tourists was unbeliveable. Places that just want your money then get you out. They had people outside like it was a resturant trying to get you in.

Im not saying the OP is a drunk tourist, and fair play for asking about advice on a good studio, but I would advise you to get it done closer to home or at the start of the holiday so that by the end of the holiday if anything is wrong he can just pop back to the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Dancor wrote: »
    From what ive seen its a bad idea.
    Its a bad idea to get inked when drunk--full stop.

So many friends who have crap tattoos after getting ''holiday tattoos'' and hearing about parlours slapping vodka on the area when its finnished :eek:
    Bloke that did mine was absolutely spotless.I`d go so far to say even cleaner than some shops over here.

What about touch up's, after care advice etc; Im sure there are many good artists all over the continent and at holiday resorts. Ive been tattood while away and im very happy with the result.

Like wise--I was offered free touch ups as long as it needs it.Im going back to the same place this year on hols and Ive been in touch with Nano about doing a 1940`s pin up on my lower arm and he offered to touch up the sugar skull for free this year.A year later--you dont get offers like that too often.
    Last week I was in Portugal and the amount of dodgy looking parlours open late at night praying on the drunk tourists was unbeliveable. Places that just want your money then get you out. They had people outside like it was a resturant trying to get you in.

I saw that when I was in Portugal a few years back.Really bad idea to get inked in a place like that.
    Im not saying the OP is a drunk tourist, and fair play for asking about advice on a good studio, but I would advise you to get it done closer to home
    Ive had nothing but good experience getting inked abroad.But its down to doing your homework before going which is what the OP is doing and is what I did before leaving here.
    or at the start of the holiday so that by the end of the holiday if anything is wrong he can just pop back to the shop.

Thats the best advice^^^ if going abroad.Get it done at the start as long as you dont mind keeping it out of the sun/pool etc.That way any problems can be sorted before going home.Mine wasnt healed enough to get it retouched before I left so that how he offered to do it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭YungJoshy

I will probably just get it done in Dublin when I feel the time is right then. It would be easier to keep it in check etc.

Thanks for the info. lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Not to take this off topic, but what would be the consensus on going to another country to get a specific artist to work on you?

http://www.myspace.com/darktimestattoo has some amazing work, thinking of heading over at some point.

Not to take this off topic, but what would be the consensus on going to another country to get a specific artist to work on you?

http://www.myspace.com/darktimestattoo has some amazing work, thinking of heading over at some point.

Happens all the time man. No different from people coming from around the country to Dublin. People will travel for what they belive is the best for them.

Advertisement