Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courses in Ireland - Cold water diving

• 22-06-2010 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Howdy all!

Caught the diving bug 2 years ago and went back this year to blitz it and go for DM after a few months diving in Thailand unfortunately got cut short at Rescue :mad: Anyways to console myself I'm gonna finish the MSD course over here with the Wreck Speciality.

All my diving has been done in warmer waters Thailand / Greece etc so taking a plunge in our not so bathlike waters will take some adjusting (my last dive clocked a temp of 32 degrees :D).

I've always been interested in wrecks and heard Ireland has some of the best there is!! So looking for advice on best place to the Wreck Course in Dublin? What are peoples experience / Reccomendations. I'll be doing a few fun dives first to acclimatize to new conditions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Howdy all!

Caught the diving bug 2 years ago and went back this year to blitz it and go for DM after a few months diving in Thailand unfortunately got cut short at Rescue :mad: Anyways to console myself I'm gonna finish the MSD course over here with the Wreck Speciality.

All my diving has been done in warmer waters Thailand / Greece etc so taking a plunge in our not so bathlike waters will take some adjusting (my last dive clocked a temp of 32 degrees :D).

I've always been interested in wrecks and heard Ireland has some of the best there is!! So looking for advice on best place to the Wreck Course in Dublin? What are peoples experience / Reccomendations. I'll be doing a few fun dives first to acclimatize to new conditions.

Oceandivers in Dun Laoghaire would be a good start. AFAIK the main wrecks in Dublin that they dive would be the Leinster and the Bolivar...... Bolivar is not a great dive tbh though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Howdy all!

For some of the best wrecks in Irish waters, you should head to Aquaventures in W Cork. You'll need to do the Deep Spec too, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Yeah I've done my deep spec + a few others I thought would help. But don't have much time at the min so staying local!

Advertisement