Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Catering Holiday Accomadation/Tips/Advice

Options
  • 22-06-2010 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Never been to Sligo but am hearing great things about the area - looking for ideas/recommendations for a week long holiday, of where to stay, where to visit etc.

Looking for ideas for a self catering holiday in Sligo - 4 adults, 3 kids (under 5).

Would like the following:
    - walking distance to pubs/restaurants
    - access to a pool if possible

Are there any hotels that offer self-catering in the area?

Thanks in advance!
    Keith.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Try Yeats Village, its just in the suburbs, a 5min walk from the local shop and 15 minutes into the city centre. A taxi home would cost eight euro or less i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

The Clarion offer self catering apartments:
    http://www.clarionhotelsligo.com/bedrooms/apartments/

If you are staying there you can use the pool/leisure facilities.

Loads of places to visit:
    Eagles Flying
    Glencar
    Yeats Scenic Drive
    Rosses Point, Strandhill
    Hazelwood
    Knocknarea
    Carrowmore
    Parkes Castle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Can't offer any advice on accommodation but there are some lovely beaches around sligo, down my way anyways there's enniscrone, dunmoran and tra bhui. There's also rosses point and strandhill beaches. You could also visit glencar waterfall, although theres some debate as to whether thats in sligo or leitrim! If the weather is a bad you could keep the kids happy in funny bones in collooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

have u thought about strandhill?...my sister rented a 2 bed apartment in Strandhill village, 2 minutes from the beach, very clean, all mods cons, new built....think it was 500 euro a week...well worth it...Strandhill is a great place to set up camp...great place too....no swimming on the beach tho..too dangerous...otherwise a fab spot for a holiday....

pm me if u want the phone number....

Advertisement