Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka T3 Lite 25.06 review

Options
  • 22-06-2010 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Picked up new rifle last week

Tikka T3 lite 25.06 20" barrell factory threaded
    Swarovski 4-16+50 TDS-4 reticle
    ATEC CMM4 mod
    Warne Mounts
    Harris Bipod

To say im impressed is an understatement, had heard good reports about the Tikkas so decided to try one out, lined in the rifle on the weekend, the trigger is set a just over 1lb and is a joy to shoot.

I was using 85 grain and 100 grain Federal ballistic tip ammunition.

Very impressed with the Swarovski scope especially the TDS-4 reticle, used the Swarovski ballistic program which tells you what distance each line on the reticle is lined in at based on what round you are using, havent used it out to distance yet, the rifle is lined in for 200mtrs.

The ATEC mod weighs in at 220 grams, it sits in front of the barrell but due to the weight you dont even notice it on the rifle, very impressed by the noise reduction of the mod as well.

I would definatly recommend the Tikka, for 900 euro they are great value for your money.

From what ive seen so for the 25.06 is a cracking round and would definately recommend it.

I dealt with John Lambert, cant recommend him enough the best dealer ive dealt with by a long way.

Deer025.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Nice setup you've got there. I've a Sako 75 Hunter in the same chambering, and it's flat and fast. You'll enjoy yourself once the season rolls around anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

Nice setup - I like your carry sling - comfortable?

How do you find the light weight actually? I was looking at a T3 hunter there recently and I found both that the stock was very short (and I'm not hugely tall at 6') and the extremely light weight was a wee bit offputting. Now, with something as light as a .25-06 it's not going to be an issue, but since I was thinking of running a .300 Win Mag out of it it wasn't a pleasant thought. I'm wondering whether perhaps I need to look at a few more of them to get a feel for the weight and balance. Now, based on the specs, there's feck all difference between my Sako 75 Hunter and the T3 Hunter in weight, but the Sako feels significantly heavier, more pointable and generally meatier. May need to re-examine the Tikkas, and the Brownings for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Nice setup - I like your carry sling - comfortable?

Yes, Tell us more about the sling!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭DR6.5

I have been using a 6.5 for a number of years with a mod and it is very nice to shoot, i thought the 25.06 would be a lot worse, there is a little bit more muzzle flip but the recoil is nothing with the mod on.

I like the fact that it is light especially when dragging animals off the hill.

The sling is made by Niggeloh of Germany

http://www.niggeloh.de/e-index.php

Brillant sling, you dont even feel like your carrying a rifle wouldnt be without one on my rifles now.

dr6.5

• Advertisement

DR6.5 wrote: »
    I have been using a 6.5 for a number of years with a mod and it is very nice to shoot, i thought the 25.06 would be a lot worse, there is a little bit more muzzle flip but the recoil is nothing with the mod on.

Brillant sling, you dont even feel like your carrying a rifle wouldnt be without one on my rifles now.

dr6.5

The .25-06 is a lovely light calibre to shoot. Viciously loud without the mod though. I've gone back to using mine as while the recoil was fine, the noise was not.

dr6.5

A good sling is half the battle when stalking

Well you may wear. Great to see the Celtic Tiger starting to awaken

I'd like a .25-06 t0o complete my collection :D

Nearly bought said same rifle 2 years ago

I was lured to the .308 as boar shooting was on the cards at the time.(never happened though)

The .25-06 seems to be a great all rounder for foxes and deer

Tikka make very good entry level rifles.

Post a few pics of groups for interested parties will ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

boom proof set up DR25,06 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Picked up new rifle last week

Tikka T3 lite 25.06 20" barrell factory threaded
    Swarovski 4-16+50 TDS-4 reticle
    ATEC CMM4 mod
    Warne Mounts
    Harris Bipod

To say im impressed is an understatement, had heard good reports about the Tikkas so decided to try one out, lined in the rifle on the weekend, the trigger is set a just over 1lb and is a joy to shoot.

I was using 85 grain and 100 grain Federal ballistic tip ammunition.

Very impressed with the Swarovski scope especially the TDS-4 reticle, used the Swarovski ballistic program which tells you what distance each line on the reticle is lined in at based on what round you are using, havent used it out to distance yet, the rifle is lined in for 200mtrs.

The ATEC mod weighs in at 220 grams, it sits in front of the barrell but due to the weight you dont even notice it on the rifle, very impressed by the noise reduction of the mod as well.

I would definatly recommend the Tikka, for 900 euro they are great value for your money.

From what ive seen so for the 25.06 is a cracking round and would definately recommend it.

I dealt with John Lambert, cant recommend him enough the best dealer ive dealt with by a long way.

Deer025.jpg

thats a smashing rig as you know i'm a big tikka fan she will do you proud..
    well wear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Nice kit mate.....very nice.

• Advertisement

How do I order one of those slings?...I just have to have one.
    I cant see it on the web site you put up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

Smashing looking set up there, well may she ware.

I have a .22 wmr an a 12 gauge o/u at the moment. I would love to get a 25-06 for fox. Is this possible or would I need to be into stalking to get it?

I currently have permission to shoot on total of about 1200 acres of mountain land, if this makes a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Depends on the opinion of your FAO and Supernintendo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Smashing rifle you have there and great calibre choice! Best of luck with it!

I was going getting my .270 in a tikka myself but came across the CZ for handy money!

I like the look of that sling, just wondering do you find that the bipod can dig into your back when using a normal sling??Does this sling help it? My finger is itching to click buy it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

T3s are like hens teeth at the moment ,i know john has a new 270 and a s/h 223 ,s/h 243.

patsat wrote: »
    Smashing rifle you have there and great calibre choice! Best of luck with it!

I was going getting my .270 in a tikka myself but came across the CZ for handy money!

I like the look of that sling, just wondering do you find that the bipod can dig into your back when using a normal sling??Does this sling help it? My finger is itching to click buy it now!

Ordered one last night :p Be brilliant for the long drags from one fox calling spot to the next with my VSSF :cool:

pat the bipod does not dig in to you, its very comfortable, i taped the straps to get the lenght right and its quite tight when i have it on so the rifle does not flop around when your walking or crawling great bit of kit.

dr6.5

pat the bipod does not dig in to you, its very comfortable, i taped the straps to get the lenght right and its quite tight when i have it on so the rifle does not flop around when your walking or crawling great bit of kit.

dr6.5

How much you pay for it?

They look handy for stalking.
    when i drop a deer on my own I often wish I had more hands.
    Especially if darkness is falling.

A tight sling really helps off the shoulder shots in my experience too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Ya it would be stalking i'd be using it. Nothing worse than trying to drag a deer while trying to stop your rifle falling off your shoulder!:D

Birthday is in the next few weeks so I suppose I deserve to treat myself!!

Tac,

£78 delivered

Tac,

£78 delivered

That is very expensive, €90~ depending on exchange rates

Although, I have Sako sling swivels, which means I could use the one sling on several rifles/shotgun as Sako swivels are the dogs bollo**s IMvHO

A lot to be said for free hands.
    More times darkness fell and i had no free hands

That is very expensive, €90~ depending on exchange rates

Although, I have Sako sling swivels, which means I could use the one sling on several rifles/shotgun as Sako swivels are the dogs bollo**s IMvHO

A lot to be said for free hands.
    More times darkness fell and i had no free hands

Expensive but worth it I reckon ;)

Have Sako swivels myself, a few sets, rather Uncle Mikes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 LongGun

£53.98 delivered from these lads - Scott Country International

Advertisement